• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Turning Point In Build

OP
OP
T

t120r

The balancer just skims the crossmember.

dyvehk.jpg

OP
OP
T

t120r

The pinion to oil pan clearance with stock lift is sufficient, but The full weight isn't on it yet.

9qxoie.jpg

OP
OP
T

t120r

I have a 1" body lift. Looks like I will need to go to 3" in order to clear the tall valve covers.

j9t544.jpg

OP
OP
T

t120r

So I put in an extra 1.5" of body lift. So a total of 2.5". Really needs 3". I'll be ordering them soon.The L&L headers are almost like they were made for the EB.

axiner.jpg

2vlnt5x.jpg

2hnrvw3.jpg

33z4qz4.jpg

2eok1ox.jpg

2nk2x5u.jpg

OP
OP
T

t120r

The engine is finally bolted in. It had to be offset to the pssenger side 1", just like a stock EB engine. I made the ZF crossmember myself and fabricated a set of poly mounts for the front motor plate. The mid motor plate will have the same thing eventually, so the engine will be supported on all 4 corners.

33kf0ig.jpg

122m7if.jpg

a5co5.jpg

2a960d1.jpg

OP
OP
T

t120r

I like em too. They are VERY well made. 14 gauge tubes and 1/2" flanges. The welds are amazing. Most headers look like a 3 year old welded them. They have crappy header paint on them though. I need to get them ceramic coated before install. Need to install O2 bungs first though.

OP
OP
T

t120r

v3lgdx.jpg

290q6bq.jpg

2zpi9hi.jpg

VERY tight. The starter housing has about 1/4" clearance and the NP205 has about 3/8". All bolted in though.:) The engine is offset exactly 1" to the passenger side and I had to move it forward 1" from my initial spot. Now it fits perfectly with no body lift or ctting of the firewall. I did have to trim 1-1/4" out of the engine crossmember though.

OP
OP
T

t120r

Just finished my midplate mounts. The midplate is a Kieth Fulp unit, but had to be modified to fit the ZF bellhousing because of the starter and slave cylinder. As you can see I used TMR Customs leafspring shackle hangers with a poly bushing on the aft side. Welded a 1/4" plate on the other of the exact same size (2"x3") to hold it securely. This pic is of the passenger side, the driver's side is the same thing.

sneb6f.jpg