• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New offroad Ranch in Central Texas

dozer910

Loc.
Llano, Tx
I good friend of mine is trying to open a new offroad ranch in Llano County, which is approximatly 80 miles west of Austin on 71. He has 1350 acers of beautiful hill country land, with the Llano river being one of the borders. As far as wheeling, anything is possaible, anything from just simple beautiful trail riding to the wildest rockcrawling ive seen. There are dirt hills, some mud, anything. We have just begun to explore and devolop trails, so for now it is kinda just getting started, but we need people to come and check out what we have and help devolop trails and have fun. He wants families, clubs, individuals, whatever to come out and have fun. if you want to see pics, go to www.hcor.org, member forum, and to long ranch pics. Im the guy in the crappy chevy blazer, my bronco is dead right now, sorry. Anyway, we were thinking about a june run, possiably june 18. Im sure primitive camping will be allowed for the weekend, and there are 2 cabins on the property, but I dont know how they will work yet. As for a price, I dont know, but if there is any charge, it will be cheap because we want to get the name out. Please respond on here if anyone would be interested in comming out and joining us. I will know very soon as far as a set date, and details as far as camping and possiable charges. Also, the ranch is only 10 miles from Llano, so motels and food and 2 parts stores are close.
Andy

A&Mbronco

Loc.
Houston,TX
Thats not too far down the road from me. I'll pass the word around my local club and see if I can drum up some support.

sbingham2

Loc.
Cedar Park, TX
I'm just over in Cedar Park, I would be interested also. I could probably talk my brother and father into bringing their rigs also.

OP
OP
D

dozer910

Loc.
Llano, Tx
Ok, I have more details. I talked to the owner, and he said the 18th would be fine. He also said it would just have to be the 18th because we arent ready for camping, but ill work on him a little about that. Also he said there would be a 25 dollar a rig charge, but no per head charge, so bring as many people as you can fit into your rig. Also, tell everyone with a 4x4. On this ranch, any 4x4 from stock up can go anywhere, so anybody can get to the hard stuff and watch all the fun, and after we are done with it, they can go around to the next obsticle. Go to www.hcor.org and look at all the pics, that took us almost all day, and thats not even scratching the surface of this place. Also, bring your camera, youll need it. When you come, also bring food and drink for the day, and yoll have to take what you brung, that includes trash. Also, bring swimming suits, if you want, the river will kick ass in the heat of the day. Anyone who is serious about going, give me your email, and ill email you my phone # and give you directions.
Andy

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Sounds like something great is happening!
Austin is a little far for us for a 1 day run
but we'll keep it in mind.
And good luck to all involved!

A&Mbronco

Loc.
Houston,TX
I would've loved to come the 18th but my rig is down getting fuel injection swaped in, maybe next time.

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
I'd bet a bunch of my LEBC (Lonestar Early Bronco Club) bretheren will be interested for sure! There's a strong contingency from Austin and San Antonio. I'm from Dallas and there are quite a few of us up here as well. We are making our Spring Roundup run over in Katemcy at the end of this month but I'm sure we'd be interested in another run and your new place sounds great...we'd be happy to help blaze a few new trails... ;D

I believe some of the guys have already seen info on your place too as I recall a few posts on the LEBC email list about it...but will talk it up too with the other officers...

Now if only someone would open a park up here near Dallas.... %)

OP
OP
D

dozer910

Loc.
Llano, Tx
For all of yall that cant show up on the 18, thats cool, yall tell us when you can come. Get a group together and talk to us. We will be open until deer season, and that starts in november, so from now till then you can schedual a weekend run. And if yall want to camp, and give enough notice, hopefully we can get that done for yall.

OP
OP
D

dozer910

Loc.
Llano, Tx
Come on guys, give me more feed back at least. We want lots of people. There have to be more guys close that would be interested. Would it help if I could get him to agree to the camping.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
I will be takeing summer classes to get ahead but I should be able to pull down for a weekend and stay with some of mt college friends in Austin for the weekend..count me just keep me informed!

mustangmarty

Bronco Guru
If I weren't working in Alabama from June through August, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Hopefully y'all will let me come out to try out my rig come late August.

OP
OP
D

dozer910

Loc.
Llano, Tx
Depending on what happens in Katemcy, im sure we will have another run in august, and if you can get several people to come, you tell us when and we will be waiting.

A&Mbronco

Loc.
Houston,TX
I wouldnt mind getting a group of guys together from my club once i get the fuel injection finished, maybe later may/early june?

OP
OP
D

dozer910

Loc.
Llano, Tx
Ok, I got camping cleared. You can camp firday the 17 and wheel all day the 18, and if enough want to stay, we will stay the night of the 18 also. There will probably be a small charge, but ill work on that too. It is only primative camping, no power or running water at sights. The sights will be on the river, so it will be cool. We will probably BBQ on saturday, but dont know yet. Traver trailers will be alowed, but like I said no power or running water, so you will have to be self contained.

jereosbou

Loc.
Somerset
i want to come

i am interested in the run june 18th where is it how can i get in touch with you my family lives in llano and i will be ther that weekend. please drop me an email jereosbou@aol.com