• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gas fuel pickup/pump hanger assembly sources...

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
A new fuel tank is in my future and I need some on line sources for a removeable access fuel pump hanger/sender inlet/outlet assembly.

My last tank I made one out of an Exploder access cover plate and adapted it to mount my pump, etc.

Can anybody just list all the places they know of that sell these so I can do some looking?

My dream would be to just be able to hook up my AN pressure and return lines, my tank sender wire (probably a impossible request), and then mount my pump and either my Walbro pump pickups like I did when I converted to EFI or go with a small Hydramat.

THANKS!!

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Starship Enterprise looking technology there! I had not seen this, thanks!

I noticed they are saying that #6 AN sized fittings support 800 HP? Sounds like a stretch there...My current setup is #8 AN...

I'll check it out!

01JLH

I used a unit from Tanks,Inc. it worked very well to convert a older northwest 23 gallon tank to in tank fuel pump. They make one specifically for the 23 gallon tank that has extended brackets to get to the bottom and has its own baffle tray. Just do a search for tanksinc .

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Starship Enterprise looking technology there! I had not seen this, thanks!

I noticed they are saying that #6 AN sized fittings support 800 HP? Sounds like a stretch there...My current setup is #8 AN...

I'll check it out!

In theory yes it should work just fine. The issue normally isn't the hose its the orifice in the fittings. We have learned that sweep elbow and tee fittings (vs machined) makes a substantial difference in flow too.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Thanks guys...I've bought a lot of stuff from tanksinc over the years... the only ones I saw on their site didn't have large enough orifice and/or they weren't long enough for the 13" deep NWMP tank...

I also measure all the orifice sizes inside fittings so flow isn't reduced...huge flow difference in the "same size" fittings...

Not a place in town has 1/4" black pipe fittings....grrrrr... oh well...

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I decided to cut up the old tank up...again! Third set of mods on this tank!

Attachments

• IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Ahhhh, disclaimer on the pic with all the hoses and Walbro pickups inside the tank -- that is not, repeat not the way they are routed as I was moving them around so I could pull them out and thought I'd better get a pic LOL. Lunch is over - back to work!

Goal is to have the tank mods and all the welding done by tonight...