• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

200 Six Carb

farmertom

I should be getting my rebuilt 200 back from the machine shop in the next couple of days. Should I rebuild the carb from the 170 in the truck now or does anyone have a suggestion on a better replacement?
Thanks,
Tom

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
If not already a member I would join fordsix.com and post your question there

I know there’s a 2 barrel adapter that needs to be installed by a machine shop so may be a good opportunity...from what I’ve read it’s one of the best upgrades

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, if the old carb came off the engine you could just clean it up and use it. Later 200 heads have a larger carb opening and mounting flange and the early carbs don't fit. X2 on Fordsix.com. We recommend the Ford Falcon Performance Handbook to get the most out of your Ford 6. Good luck

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I've got a Daytona carb on my '74 and I put another on a '66 and it really woke both of them up. I was able to use stock 200 Bronco air cleaner with the '66. The one screen filter pictured is the one on my '74.
An adapter for an Autolite or Holley 2 barrel is one I've always wanted to try, but you will definitely have air cleaner and hood issues on a stock truck.
If you decide to stick with the stock Carter YF, let me know. I've got a couple rebuildable Bronco ones, I'd sell cheap, I won't be going back.

Attachments

• IMG_4105.jpg
    IMG_4105.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 27

bmbm

Carb for 200

An Autolite 1101is one more option, it has more cfm. And a custom curved DSII ignition. Should give you a bit more power.
Definitely get a copy of the Ford falcon performance handbook and join fordsix.com.

CraigS

It's made its way back to the top of the chart. Clearing out space in the shop to assemble now. I was sidetracked for a few years on vintage motorcycles and such, but I think I'll finally build it!