• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SD 1974 Original Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Fireball you're just sad you didn't get the camper :eek:, when you resold yours you certainly made a ton of money on an average truck at best.

I am an enthusiast, a Bronco nut, and find it insulting that you commented otherwise. But I really don't care and at least I didn't bring a Toyota to wheel at the Bronco event ;) I've decided long ago to not be the collector who owns one car for 40 years, I'd rather own 40 cars in 40 years. That's my choice. I am forever thankful to the great people I've met in the Bronco Community including the Duffs, MEB members, and all the numerous others I've met along the way and some I've only had a chance to talk with from this site and are spread across the country.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
You're insulted that I said that you flip Broncos???? Are you kidding me?

"You made a ton of money on a average truck at best." Wrong - I lost money on a very nice build. That's losing money without counting a few hundred hours of labor. Certainly not perfect, but fully documented and as honest as can be.

You are a flipper. Admit it and be done with it. If a good deal is posted on the board, you buy it and most times try to resell it on Ebay.

Is that not the truth?

Last edited:

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Dude are you seriously trying to call someone out for (potentially) flipping an EB?!? That's like all you do on this website...did someone hack your account??

Did someone hack your brain? He buys, sell and collects Broncos. I buy, sell and collect Broncos...since 1983! I want to know if he is keeping it or selling it. It doesn't bother me either way.

To answer your question, If I want to call someone out I will, I won't insinuate it. So no, I wasn't trying to call him out. Post #6 was complimenting the Bronco, that's my favorite combo. I've had three Red/Red Explorer's over the years, and currently have a Blue/Blue Explorer in my shop now!

I've had 50 or so posts about many things on here since I sold that Raven Black '77 for under $5000.00 back in August to a very well informed member on this site.

Do some homework before attacking me publicly on here.

EJ

It sucks that people troll an enthusiast site to flip but it’s possible to buy anything listed here if you really wanted to just make the call and be committed with the money.

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
I understand some people have to make money to pay the bills, but at the same time it is driving up prices to make it not affordable for a guy with a dream of a EB to buy one. Just my 2 cents and the EB is Not Your Average Joe's American Dream..

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
First off,
Congrats to Raptor Mike on the sale, and to Highlnder on the purchase. I agree with most of the comments, about what a great looking bronco this is, It seems both parties are happy with their deal, since it happened so quick.

(this part is only for the negitive members about flipping)
I have only been on here 2 years, but have noticed a lot of members belly aching about people flipping EBs on here.....NEWSFLASH!!!!!! These guys have the money and don't have to grow a pair or get permission from the wife to buy it in a second. They aren't making the kind of money some of you think, there is a lot of logistics that cost money to get a vehicle shipped, most times they have to put a lot of new parts and labor just to make a decent profit. These guys are true enthusiasts, and have outstanding collections. As far as driving the price up on these broncos, you should be thanking them if you already have one, if you don't you need to buy one from them now before the price gets higher. I say more power to them for making these broncos available to those who don't want to spend hours searching the internet for one.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Anybody got pics of it? Sold so quick I just would like to see the red on red beauty!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Anybody got pics of it? Sold so quick I just would like to see the red on red beauty!

I saved some pics, just because I though I may never see another red floor mat in that condition again lol.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Here are a few pictures, as T-bird noted above, when I want to buy a Bronco I don't have to get permission from my wife, priest, spiritual advisor, shaman, or my dog. As long as I have my fun money available, I simply make a decision and go forward. Someone else flaked on him and we were able to work out a deal and carry forward quickly. He's been nothing but great to work with and I wish him nothing but the best in the future.

It's the nicest red floor mat I've seen, of course if anyone's got an NOS or minty one around I love to purchase it.

Attachments

• 00o0o_a0kOPZiEgXf_600x450.jpg
    00o0o_a0kOPZiEgXf_600x450.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 00101_4lSATtcAugx_600x450.jpg
    00101_4lSATtcAugx_600x450.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 130
  • 00909_fxFRsRXM2eF_600x450.jpg
    00909_fxFRsRXM2eF_600x450.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 00f0f_fPfzKsMtlWt_600x450.jpg
    00f0f_fPfzKsMtlWt_600x450.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Nodrama43

I was under the impression all of these EB's would be out of my price range. I am happy to say I have found that there are way more of them available, at a decent price, than I had assumed. I have also found that in every hobby there are those that just buy to sell, those that buy to preserve and pass on, those that cannot afford one, and those that are critical of all the above for one reason or the other. I have been active in collecting mustangs since the 90's but have grown tired of them. I am probably going to dive into an EB project of sorts soon but my EB will be a daily driver for me. Keep posting them for sale guys.....I am collecting quarters as fast as I can. In other good news my wife has already given her blessing.......

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well said, it's a great hobby and there are many more treasures out there to find. I've always told folks looking: don't give up looking and be diligent. Some of the stories I hear of buying tactics and deal etiquette, especially recently, are a sign of the times = these trucks are popular. Good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.