• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

As close to "Barn Find" I've come...

OP
OP
75Denver

75Denver

Oops! Good eye Paul. I was cranking on those ends multiple times just trying to get a proper toe measurement. At about a quarter of the way in on both ends the threads start to get REAL tough. Almost like they're stripping but not (not taping into the reverse thread). I had to use a leverage bar to turn them. It's going in for an alignment next week so I'll make sure to address that...again. I know one of those nights was burning the midnight oil but who knows anymore. Also, thank you again for all the help on the master cylinder/booster. I kept the booster off and love the function with an old time feel!

Thanks House and andyp!!

OP
OP
75Denver

75Denver

Dang, looking awesome Brody! Doing some very nice work!

Looking good brother...

Thanks guys! DirtDonk, yeah, not sure when or how that happened but I definitely messed it up. All fixed now.

I will add that anyone using Raybestos 10" shoes REALLY needs to check the width measurements. I took calipers to 3 sets all varying from 2.59-2.635" (later spec was my set) only to throw in the towel and go to Duralast shoes (2.503"). While wrapping up the rear end, I had to tear it apart 3x due to the width of the shoes interfering with the drums once the lug nuts were fully torqued down. I wasn't able to turn the tires they were so wide. I also found that both Raybestos wheel cylinders wouldn't fully compress when compared to the Napa house brand. Replaced those too.

OP
OP
75Denver

75Denver

I just wanted to give a shout out to WH (Corey in particular) for their quick follow through and excellent customer service!! After driving my Bronco around for the past couple weeks, I kept seeing things that didn't sit right (literally/figuratively). Beside the Bronco Lean which already needs to be re-addressed, the stink bug look kept bugging me. I got under and started measuring (2.25" difference front/back), taking levels to the body lines, and then talking with WH. Turns out, my stock kit had a production issue. The rear leafs are arched beyond stock specs and require a 1.5" taller coil up front to level out the current run of springs. Per our conversation, they cross referenced my order/spring production and shipped out a new set of coils overnight! I'm excited to see the difference in height and happy to hear there will be another suspension option for those looking for a bit more vertical bump in their stance. More to come.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
This is one gorgeous truck. What a great find. The color is incredible. I am building a stock 69 uncut og paint now myself. I will be following along for inspiration. Your work is looking awesome so far.

I have a friend that lives out in Reno that is into old VWs. Has been driving lowered buses and beetles around there for the past 10 years or so. He is an impeccable welder and builds custom suspensions for vws.

OP
OP
75Denver

75Denver

This is one gorgeous truck. What a great find. The color is incredible. I am building a stock 69 uncut og paint now myself. I will be following along for inspiration. Your work is looking awesome so far.

I have a friend that lives out in Reno that is into old VWs. Has been driving lowered buses and beetles around there for the past 10 years or so. He is an impeccable welder and builds custom suspensions for vws.

Thanks man! It's been a fun one and a great story to tell when people stop me to talk Broncos. I'm excited to see all you do on yours. There's a TON of VW guys around here...now if I can only get my hands on the '58 15-window I found. Still can't talk her out of it.