• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

crutch

Finally got everything back together with new engine after cleaning and painting the engine bay! Got her running but transmission doesn't engage gear. :( back to tranny shop.

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4464.jpg
    IMG_4464.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3662.jpg
    IMG_3662.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 65

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...Got her running but transmission doesn't engage gear. :( back to tranny shop.

Before you head back, did you verity 100% that the transfer case is in gear?
Just figured I'd mention it if in the heat of the moment you overlooked that one thing that's been a gotcha for many here.

Paul

crutch

It's a great question. When I swapped in the new motor I had a hardened input shaft put in transmission. We confirmed transfer case is in gear so I think they messed up something in tranny. Thanks for looking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Plugged in the battery maintainer on both truck before I left for work. Wanna drive them this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Fixing Ol' Deadeye

My drivers side headlight quit.
I went to the NAPA and asked for a headlight for my '77 Bronco.
The guy sold me a rectangular one for a '78. That seems to happen a lot with '77s. I usually tell them it's a '76 just for that reason.

When I got the right one home, I put it in and it didn't work either. A closer examination of the plug showed damaged wiring with a really poorly made repair job done with crimp on butt splices, and lots of tape.
Then it dawned on me...
The squirrels had eaten the headlight wires off over 20 years ago on a hunting trip. I'm the guy who made the field repair. I had planned to fix it right when I got home, but forgot.

So, back to NAPA.
I did the repair right this time with soldered connections covered with shrink tube.

Did you know those headlight plugs are the same as the flasher plugs?

Attachments

• IMG_20170818_185110952.jpg
    IMG_20170818_185110952.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 34

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Rebuilding carb.......again

I used to love to rebuild carbs when I was a kid. The more complicated the better...but now that I am older and my fingers cramp up on me (early stages of arthritis), my eyes really let me down with tiny stuff, my Damn memory is not what it used to be...sigh...(camera phone helps a little there)....
I really do not like rebuilding carbs anymore.
I have a Holley T/A that I need to tear into...ugh...I am getting old....how did this happen, lol.,..

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I used to love to rebuild carbs when I was a kid. The more complicated the better...but now that I am older and my fingers cramp up on me (early stages of arthritis), my eyes really let me down with tiny stuff, my Damn memory is not what it used to be...sigh...(camera phone helps a little there)....
I really do not like rebuilding carbs anymore.
I have a Holley T/A that I need to tear into...ugh...I am getting old....how did this happen, lol.,..

Oh quit your bellyaching and get back to work.
You still have a lot to offer here. ;)

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
100 mile cruise

Attachments

• 20170820_163823_HDR.jpg
    20170820_163823_HDR.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 53

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Drove 200 miles on Saturday, then gave it a bath.

WashDay.jpg