• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech / Taurus 3G / Mustang EFI Harness / Taurus Fan

bronccar

I have these 4 elements in play and will be hitting this wall pretty soon on the build (soon being relative I guess).

Anyway, I figured someone had 3 of the 4 or 4 of the 4 in their build that I might bug about tying it all together.

Brian cleaned up my EFI harness already but none of this was in the discussion yet.

Thanks!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1. Centech-to-3G = Just one wire from the harness. All the others are up to you. The Green w/red wire from the 3G's plug will need 12v with the key in RUN. The Green wire from the harness that was meant for the original body mounted voltage regulator is the perfect candidate.
You'll have to make your own charge wire, or purchase a pre-made one like this: http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Battery_Charge_Cable_AMG_fused that we sell for high output alternators.
The original Yellow charge wire can be re-purposed.

2. Centech-to-EFI = Just three connections. Any full-time 12v source, any switched 12v source, and any 12v in START only source.
Is this a factory Mustang harness that is re-worked, or one of the aftermarket setups?
Will you be running an automatic trans, or a manual?
Those two aspects can make a difference in the most convenient connection points.

Waiting to hear what you intend with the fan, but the Yellow 10ga charge wire you're not using for the alternator any longer could be used easily to power up a relay setup or whatever you end up doing for the fan.

Paul