• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Door Panels / Doors won't open from inside :_(

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Simple cosmetic changes are not my friend.

I had the metal door panels and replaced them with Vinyl Panels from TBP. The Vinyl panels are thicker specifically around where the cup and interior door handle attach so I'm assuming this has impacted the the interior latch rod or something it's attached to it. It seems to be moving freely when I engage the interior door handle but no magic happens. Exterior door handles work fine. Thank you!

Hotrodjohn

the part of the the handle that bolts onto door isn't catching the internal part that it pushes down on to open door.. the interior door handle lever should mount right up against metal on door on the two little studs even with panel on it because theres a hole in panel You've got to get that lever on the inside handle on top of the lever inside the door...