• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

In dash speaker

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We've sold quite a few over the last year or two, but I don't remember getting any feedback from their use. Maybe they have just not been installed yet, but I consider no news at least better than "that" phone call we all hate!;);D

It's a nice piece though, so I would hope it sounds at least as good as the crappy original, if not much better.

Back in the day we always installed regular stereo speakers and relegated the original to external CB speaker duties. For that it worked well.

Paul

OP
OP
ohpoo2

ohpoo2

Contributor
ok thanks guys, I guess i thought it was a type of dual stereo speaker for some low good sound. oh well.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Retro sound makes a dual voice coil, dual tweeter, single driver speaker for car dashes. Maybe they have one small enough to fit in an eb dash.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I was looking for some dash parts and saw Wild Horses has some kind of new speaker.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
The PO had a one of those small speakers that come with a surround sound home system, it sounded pretty good

tvall

I also have the retro sound dash speaker. I can't compare it to the original since it was DOA when I bought the bronco. I installed the retro sound bluetooth stereo and the in-dash speaker just to have some sound while I work my way through bigger priorities. The speaker itself is good. You have to crank the sound up to beat the road noise and the front passenger gets most of the sound directly in their face. Sound quality is good for a single speaker. My plan is to add speakers to the rear quarters later. We did have to create a new mesh net to cover the speaker as the gaps in the "grill" in front of the speaker are too large and show an ugly speaker behind the dash.

Last edited: