• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Wanted: bare Dana 44 housing & 76-77 power steering box

Status
Not open for further replies.

NATEandALLI

Looking for a bare, empty Dana 44 front axle. Our Bronco is going to be 2wd only and we're thinking about cutting out the center section and replacing it with a section of tube to make it truly 2wd.

Also looking for a 76-77 power steering box. Totally fine if it needs a rebuild.

Last edited:

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Why not buy a pair of aftermarket inner C's, some DOM and a set of wedges and build your own?
Early Bronco Dana 44 housings are rare and expensive, even more so in CA.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How about a Dana 30 and using a Chevy disc brake swap?? lots of folks give away Dana 30's, you on the SoCal Bronco list by chance??

geardaddy

eb dana 44 housing

Looking for a bare, empty Dana 44 front axle. Our Bronco is going to be 2wd only and we're thinking about cutting out the center section and replacing it with a section of tube to make it truly 2wd.

Also looking for a 76-77 power steering box. Totally fine if it needs a rebuild.

I have 2 early bronco dana 44 bare housings in Minnesota....612-309-3999.....612-309-3999

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
How about a Dana 30 and using a Chevy disc brake swap?? lots of folks give away Dana 30's, you on the SoCal Bronco list by chance??

/\/\ This is the best idea.
By only using the ends you throw away most of the advantages of the Dana 44 over the Dana 30.

OP
OP
N

NATEandALLI

Still looking for a unicorn 76-77 power steering box. Is there such a thing as a 76-77 bronco that gets parted out?

JGO

Contributor
You know there's a 2WD early Bronco front axle right? I had one a long time ago, out of a mail carrier Bronco I think. Rare, but out there!

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Still looking for a unicorn 76-77 power steering box. Is there such a thing as a 76-77 bronco that gets parted out?

Get a six turn box and have it converted to four turn when you have it rebuilt. Most rebuilders will provide this service for an additional fee.

OP
OP
N

NATEandALLI

WTO can do quick ratio but its 3.25 turn, not 4 turn. I'm not aware of anyone else doing rebuilds that can do a 4 turn gear swap. I found one place that does a core swap but they're out of 4 turn gear sets.

OP
OP
N

NATEandALLI

You know there's a 2WD early Bronco front axle right? I had one a long time ago, out of a mail carrier Bronco I think. Rare, but out there!

As far as I knew all EB's were 4x4. Never heard of an oem 2wd version. Interesting if that's actually true. Would be rare enough that I've never heard of it.

OP
OP
N

NATEandALLI

How much are you paying? Mark in San Diego? Beach City Broncos

I guess I'm willing to spend the same amount as it'd cost to ship my existing 6 turn power box to WTO to have them rebuild it with quick ratio gears and then ship it back.

OP
OP
N

NATEandALLI

Btw I do have the stock 302 with trans and transfer case to trade if you're interested. Let me know.

JGO

Contributor
As far as I knew all EB's were 4x4. Never heard of an oem 2wd version. Interesting if that's actually true. Would be rare enough that I've never heard of it.

I had one. I can't remember if it was out of a Bronco, or just a mail carrier that used a Bronco chassis.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
WTO can do quick ratio but its 3.25 turn, not 4 turn. I'm not aware of anyone else doing rebuilds that can do a 4 turn gear swap. I found one place that does a core swap but they're out of 4 turn gear sets.

PSC Motorsports told me they could do a 4 turn swap when I had a six turn box rebuilt about a year ago.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

The 2wd Bronco front end came in G100 delivery vans. Good luck finding one.

A couple of threads on them from over the years:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26929&highlight=postal

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261841

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146141&highlight=ice+cream+truck+2wd

Status
Not open for further replies.