• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windrock this Saturday??

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I'm happen to be in Knoxville this Saturday and was hoping someone had plans to go to Windrock and has a spare seat.

I'd love to have the opportunity to scout the park with a knowledgeable local before I bring my Bronco up at the end of March.

-Mike

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
If it was under a 12 hour drive I'd be happy too :p That is the only pay park east of the Rockies That I'll invest more than 3 hours to travel to unless its just to meet up with folks I like and get to wheel. Other wise I head west.

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
That is the only pay park east of the Rockies That I'll invest more than 3 hours to travel to unless its just to meet up with folks I like and get to wheel. Other wise I head west.

So Yeller, you have been to Disney, Kansas Rocks, SMORR, and Flat Nasty? Can I get you opinion about these places?

BMR is coming up at Disney next month. http://grandlakeliving.com/event/2017-big-meat-run/

Just north of you. http://www.ksrockspark.com/

Just a bit east. http://www.smorr.net/

Sorry HJ over.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
So Yeller, you have been to Disney, Kansas Rocks, SMORR, and Flat Nasty? Can I get you opinion about these places?

BMR is coming up at Disney next month. http://grandlakeliving.com/event/2017-big-meat-run/

Just north of you. http://www.ksrockspark.com/

Just a bit east. http://www.smorr.net/

Sorry HJ over.

Just for informational purposes, I'll continue the HJ for one more post... I'm sure Chuzie won't mind it bumping his thread:p

Disney - go there often, only 40 minutes from the house very unique rock to play on along with hills and mud (if your into that sort of thing, I avoid that like the plague). I won't be at BMR (been going since it was invitation only in early 2000's) this year but my buggy will be. makes for an action packed day or a leisurely fun weekend and currently is free access.

Kansas Rocks - Go there often, have lots of friends in the KC area and we meet there often as we can. again an action packed day or a leisurely weekend. typical Midwest terrain unlike what you'd expect in KS.

SMORR - Fun place, great camp ground and like most parks, action packed day or leisurely weekend. Ran/owned by some great folks.

Flat Nasty - Never been and never plan on it. I refuse to support parks run by folks that allow/condone drunk driving. There and DDay both allow this and last I checked not surprisingly they are the only parks that have had fatality's due to accidents, go figure.....

There is also Cass AR - beautiful place and in summer has water recreation along with wheeling.

There are others further south in OK that I really enjoy. that are within that 3 hour window of Tulsa along with Little Sahara to play in the sand to the west.

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
I appreciate the experienced honest opinion, Flat Nasty is now off my list of places to go ck out..

Even been to Hot Springs ORV?

Howiepalozza At SMORR 29/30 April....I am trying to have the Bronco ready for that one.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Yes been to hot springs plenty of times. At the end of September is the famous OCBR it's a great time with plenty of like minded folks. Worth going even without a bronco.

I have howie palooza on my calendar. Don't know if I can make it but we'll see

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I appreciate the experienced honest opinion, Flat Nasty is now off my list of places to go ck out..

Even been to Hot Springs ORV?

Howiepalozza At SMORR 29/30 April....I am trying to have the Bronco ready for that one.
smorr is pretty fun, hope to make it this year
Yes been to hot springs plenty of times. At the end of September is the famous OCBR it's a great time with plenty of like minded folks. Worth going even without a bronco.

I have howie palooza on my calendar. Don't know if I can make it but we'll see
you have not ever been to ocbr:p;D
have been to bmr lots of fun watching others;D but it is packed, I like to go to Disney on not such crowded days

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'm happen to be in Knoxville this Saturday and was hoping someone had plans to go to Windrock and has a spare seat.

I'd love to have the opportunity to scout the park with a knowledgeable local before I bring my Bronco up at the end of March.

-Mike

Still on my to do list too. Good luck Mike and sorry for the HJ

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Well i sure admire everyone's persistence to follow through with a good ole fashioned HJ. At least something productive came from this thread.

As for me, I'm just pub crawling in Knoxville today; guess no one was interested in Windrock.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well i sure admire everyone's persistence to follow through with a good ole fashioned HJ. At least something productive came from this thread.

As for me, I'm just pub crawling in Knoxville today; guess no one was interested in Windrock.

Sorry to hear that. :( Ain't nothing wrong w/a good Pub crawl though

snipes243

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC

At least its something you excel at.