• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Motivation Thread Lets do This!

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
This is a challenge for all of you who need some motovation to get working on your Bronco. I am starting this thread because I need to be held accountable for my actions. Something lit a fire under my A$$ and I don't know what it is but I feel motovated to work on my Bronco and get this thing running.I know we get busy with work, kids, life and at the end of the day you are just emotionally drained and by the weekend you are too tired to do anything but sit on the sofa and watch TV. So I challenge you to work on your Bronco and get done what needs to get done. I am going to put my list of Bronco repairs I need to do on here and come back to this thread and check off my accomplishments. If you want you can do the same go for it. Kinda like a build thread so I will call this the motivation thread.

Here are some tips I came up with. I would like to give credit to nashville early bronco on Youtube for these tips. Love those videos!

1. Get organized. I bought a tool set with a case however I have tools everywhere in the garage so its time to clean my garage and get it organized.

2. Carve out some time to work on your Bronco. Tell the wife kids (unless they want to help ��) This is your Bronco wrenching time. It can be an hour or 2 whatever just make the time.

3. Make a list of what needs to be done. ( if you are having someone doing the work for you get it ready for them to work on it)
I would just do 1 thing on your list that day. Start out small ( don't try and replace the engine in one day!) When you get that one thing done you will keep the mojo going for that next task you have on your list. Its like you got a win.

4.When you are done clean up. Put all tools away throw away trash etc. I am so bad at this, but it needs to be done and when you need that tool again you can find it!

5.Have someone help you. If you have some friends that can help the more the merrier. They don't even need to know how to work on cars!! just their company can help you. You would be surprise what a little company can do.

Finally Here are some Motivation Videos to get your started. So who is with me. Lets make 2018 The year of getting your Bronco back on the road!
All the best Everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CNMtBSfV1k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzhzkKccBi8

Last edited:
OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
List if things that need to be fixed on my 69

1. Clean and organize garage
2. Motor Mounts
3. Make sure new carb is not leaking and dialed in
4. Fix hose leak in gas tank hose
5. Drain out old gas replace with new
6. Check leak at rear passenger tire
7. Check leak on rear end

Last edited:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I don't know if Jon has enough band width for my list! I like the idea though....we have the BONES garage tour up here, BONES (Bronco Owners North East States) happens when one of us is stuck or needs a kick in the ass....bunch of members converge and get a day's work done in a short amount of time. We all need a push every then and accountability is good! current state:

Attachments

• big2.jpg
    big2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 143

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I don't know if Jon has enough band width for my list! I like the idea though....we have the BONES garage tour up here, BONES (Bronco Owners North East States) happens when one of us is stuck or needs a kick in the ass....bunch of members converge and get a day's work done in a short amount of time. We all need a push every then and accountability is good! current state:

I hear you, not enough hours in the day, days in the week, weeks in the month lol.

71'
-Replace steering box and install duff steering
-Install Sniper EFI
-Replace locking hubs

66' u14
-replace fuel pump

66' u15
-replace floors
-move floor shifter back to the column
-install 2.5" lift
-clean up 16" wheels
-mount tires
-blast and paint rear bumper
-install pto winch and linkage
-loooooooooooooooooootsssssssssssssssssssss of body work
-install seats
-major brake overhaul

I've got all the parts needed in the shop too, just no time lol. Hopefully when it warms up I'll be a little more motivated.

OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
I hear you, not enough hours in the day, days in the week, weeks in the month lol.

71'
-Replace steering box and install duff steering
-Install Sniper EFI
-Replace locking hubs

66' u14
-replace fuel pump

66' u15
-replace floors
-move floor shifter back to the column
-install 2.5" lift
-clean up 16" wheels
-mount tires
-blast and paint rear bumper
-install pto winch and linkage
-loooooooooooooooooootsssssssssssssssssssss of body work
-install seats
-major brake overhaul

I've got all the parts needed in the shop too, just no time lol. Hopefully when it warms up I'll be a little more motivated.

Woo Hoo Double the fun with 2 broncos!

OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru

Great idea Tasker its like a book club LOL but a wrenching club. We need more of these !

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
WORKS awesome and you hang out with friends....a win win!

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
going on my ninth year in this build, gonna take more than motivation. but i do have a white board in my shop, will go up in a bit and take a pic. my plan is to get everything done on the frame, paint the engine bay and sit the body on the frame.

yfz450sew

going on my ninth year in this build, gonna take more than motivation. but i do have a white board in my shop, will go up in a bit and take a pic. my plan is to get everything done on the frame, paint the engine bay and sit the body on the frame.

I was starting to think I was the only one working on a decade :D

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
maybe we should start a group for the ten year folks lol time keeps on slippin, slippin

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
good list ..
Back when I BUILT SNAKEBITE. I went to shop each night for a couple of hours. I'd do a little something.
I did this same thing back when I was much younger &hauled hay after work. FROM 5:30 UNTIL 11:00PM ALMOST EVERY NIGHT .
I ALWAYS Said just put on one more BALE. ONE MORE..
Now 50 years later I'm still thinking this way.
Just fine one small project & when I's done try not starting another. If I do start another I think of it as having lined out tomorrow night project. So I'm really not on it I JUST HAVE IT SET UP for tomorrow night.
But I have this 404 IH Tractor setting in my shop for about 4 years now. & I was thinking I've got to do it whether I want to or not. Hunter & I got it started running again last spring when he moved in with us. But it's setting again.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
good list ..
Back when I BUILT SNAKEBITE. I went to shop each night for a couple of hours. I'd do a little something.
I did this same thing back when I was much younger &hauled hay after work. FROM 5:30 UNTIL 11:00PM ALMOST EVERY NIGHT .
I ALWAYS Said just put on one more BALE. ONE MORE..
Now 50 years later I'm still thinking this way.
Just fine one small project & when I's done try not starting another. If I do start another I think of it as having lined out tomorrow night project. So I'm really not on it I JUST HAVE IT SET UP for tomorrow night.
But I have this 404 IH Tractor setting in my shop for about 4 years now. & I was thinking I've got to do it whether I want to or not. Hunter & I got it started running again last spring when he moved in with us. But it's setting again.

What about Rojo? Need to get back on him too;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
*heat
*radio
*more wheeling trips
*replace rear tail light cover
*fix gap in rear passenger quarter guard

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Your process/way of thinking is spot on, my $.02 is when you make your list of what needs to be done, just concentrate/try do 1 thing on your list that day, every day, like you said.

I agree start out small, do not get side tracked (my biggest problem.. oh I need to fix this... and then that...) start the job and finish it. No matter how small.

A dry erase board, piece of cardboard and a fat sharpie, works wonders to track your process. Seeing progress, fuels progress.

Reds list: Convert to TBI, get ready to go to SMORR for Howiepalooza 2018 April 26 -29.
Tube buggy list: Finish getting road legal and then take to Disney or Rush Springs Ranch.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Your process/way of thinking is spot on, my $.02 is when you make your list of what needs to be done, just concentrate/try do 1 thing on your list that day, every day, like you said.

Exactly.. bout the only way you can make progress....

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
thanks for this....actually spent some time on mine last night!

OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
thanks for this....actually spent some time on mine last night!

Way to go Tasker. Now thats what I am talking about. I need to start cleaning my garage this weekend. I might post some pics before and after.:eek: