• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Header help!

Nick163hunter

So i bought those cheap 140 dollar headers off ebay and what a shocker they dont fit. I cant return them, but what advice do you guys have for me should i get another better set of long tubes or should i get shorty headers or go back to manifolds? I want to keep it cheap but the truck needs to sounds good. I have an np435 so that gets in the way a bit.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Were the headers you bought even for a Bronco? At that price I'm guessing not, since it's hard to get the cost of something down when it's for a limited audience like us. The Mustang guys with their cars in the millions are a different story.

And are they long tubes now, or shorties? If they're shorties there are some mods you can make to most Mustang headers to get the passenger side to stop hitting the frame rail. But if they're longies I don't remember anyone here ever showing how they made a set fit that were not already for a Bronco.

Heck, with all the mods done to Broncos over the years, even EB-specific headers don't always fit!

Good luck. But curious to hear more about your headers.

Thanks

Paul

broncochevy

Loc.
Orcutt, CA
I liked my L and L headers that JBG sells. I got gem 10 years ago or longer but they had half inch flanges. They were super tough