• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Reviews Horsepower sales llc brake kit

mustanggarage

Contributor
I just put their kit on my dana 44 front axle. they were great. my dana 44 did not have any hubs or brakes on it when I got it so I ordered the kit with the slotted rotors, the warn hubs, spindle nuts and dust shield. when I got it I could not find the spindle nuts. I sent them an email, said I could not find them. they apologized and shipped them the same day. then when I was just about finished with the job I found I was mistaken the nuts were in the box after all. I emailed them to tell them of my mistake and offered to pay for the ones they shipped. I have not heard back yet. but I was impressed. they had not made the error, but immediately responded with no questions. the kit was easy to install I did not have to do any grinding at all.

I can look up the bearing numbers when I get home I wrote the numbers down in my project book.

Attachments

• 20181016_055651236_iOS.jpg
    20181016_055651236_iOS.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 20181016_055703597_iOS.jpg
    20181016_055703597_iOS.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 40

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Kit installed on my ‘74 last weekend. Direct bolt on, also no grinding required. Yes, you could probably save a bit by rounding up the parts, but this kit sure makes it easy. Great customer service and fast shipping. Big difference in the “whoa” from the drum brakes;D.

mustanggarage

Contributor
Found the answer......where else but in another post from the ever-knowing gift to this forum known as DirtDonk. Thanks, Paul - don’t know what we would do without you.

For anyone else who needs the info, here it is:

This should be what you need (hopefully).

For a 30 (and also the 44's by the way, so all EB front axles) on an EB, the bearings were:

Inner: Bearing/Cone LM603049 and Race/Cup LM603011
Outer: Bearing/Cone LM501349 and Race/Cup LM501310

Or, when bought in a "set" the numbers are:
Inner: Set 37
Outer: Set 45

Those are the old industry standard numbers, probably originated by Timken or one of those companies.
Even if they're no longer considered standard numbers, those numbers will still get you crossed over to whatever brand your store is using.

And even today they should be in stock at most auto parts stores because they are common to Ford, GM, Dodge, Jeep and many other vehicle axles, transmissions, and other odd applications.

Paul

these are the bearing numbers in the set I just installed.

inner bearing LM 603049
outer bearing LM 501349
inner seal timken 4250

so that agrees with your numbers

rockinrich

Contributor
So it seems a lot of people are very satisfied with this company are they a vendor on the site or do they have a website?