• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pics Added Page 2 - Outer Banks! Hatteras! MEBXOBX-2

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos will be having an Outer Banks (OBX) Lighthouse tour, cruise, beach pic-nic, meet and greet, etc., trip on September 7 and 8, 2007 - this is the weekend after Labor Day and is "off-season". We will be staying at the Cape Wood Campground in Buxton, NC which is less than 2 miles south of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. It will be a family oriented event with activities planned for Friday and Saturday. Friday morning will be free to fish, walk the beaches or explore as you wish.

The tentative agenda is as follows -

Friday August 7 - Meet at the Ocracoke Ferry and Musuem parking lot at Noon. Depart at 12:30 for ferry ride and Ocracoke Island - about a 40 minute ride. Drive on the beach where allowed. Pack a meal for a pic nic - we'll stop somewhere on the beach and eat. We'll visit the Ocracoke Visitor Center, Lighthouse and the Blackbeard Museum. Return to campground around 6:00 p.m. Dinner is on your own.

Saturday August 8 - Meet at the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse at 9:00 a.m. and tour Lighthouse. Depart about 10:00 a.m.and drive north to Bodie Island Lighthouse and Visitor Center. Tour Lighthouse and depart about Noon for Kill Devil Hill and the Wright Brothers Memorial. We'll stop for lunch at a restaurant along the way, then tour the Wright Brothers Memorial and Museum. Return to campground around 6:00 p.m.

Please join us for MEBXOX-2 if you can! Please post a reply or RSVP to Randy Silbaugh at ransil@pa.net or Gary Gibson at gibsongd@comcast.net to confirm or if you have any questions. (Or you can PM ransil or Scoop). You will be responsible for you own camping or hotel reservations. Here is the link to the Cape Woods Campground - http://www.capewoods.com/ Other close by campgrounds include http://www.outer-banks.com/friscowoods/ or the National Park Service campground at the Cape Hatteras National Seashore.

Attachments

• 07obx.gif
    07obx.gif
    43.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

ransil

Bronco Guru
Cape woods campground has a few cabins, better call asap if you want one.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I've had a couple of inquiries to whether this is open to non-MEB members, and yes, it is. Anyone with a Bronco, or interest in Broncos, is welcome to join us. If you can only make one day, that's fine, too.

I just made my reservations at Cape Wood Campground and they still have some RV and tent sites and a few cabins left. But this will be "off-season" so finding a place to stay should not be a problem and the crowds should be thinned down by then, too.

I am hoping for a "Calendar Picture" opportunity!;D

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
MEBXOBX-2 is now less than 2 weeks away!

Being the weekend after Labor Day and with school back in session, it does not look like we'll be having a huge turnout - but should still be fun and enjoyable, and relaxing. Outer Banks with no traffic - what could be better??!!

After seeing all the pics from SOB Eleven, I can't wait to get out on the sand! If you can join us - Great! Even just for a day. Hope to see you there.

Anybody else thinking about going?

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
I'd love to make it over but September is already packed with college football games. Maybe a winter get together in the Outer Banks would be fun also, at least I'd be up for it anyway. Have fun and take some good pics.

Grover

Loc.
luhavull
I was just in the outter banks visiting my mom and step dad over labor day weekend. They live right on the ocean in Carolla you have to drive on the beach to get to their house. I wish that I could have stayed longer I would have met up with you.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I was just in the outter banks visiting my mom and step dad over labor day weekend. They live right on the ocean in Carolla you have to drive on the beach to get to their house. I wish that I could have stayed longer I would have met up with you.

Sorry we missed you by a week. I am heading out right now. About a 6 hour drive.

Gary

ransil

Bronco Guru
I have already pulled out a chevy.

maybe not pulled out but, he was stuck and didn't air down so I helped him do that cause he was blocking my path thru the dunes.

I'll post some bikini pic's later in the perv forum

Jabo76

Loc.
Raleigh
Is there a seasshore pass required?

I don't know if I can stand to see any more rust pop through the PO paint job.

I may try to make it though, we had a great time with you guys at the Uwharrie.

ransil

Bronco Guru
No passes required.

just need to stay in the designated areas and off the dunes and out of the turtle nests.
vehicle must be street legal.

Last edited:

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Have fun guys!

Gotta look at having this during the summer when school is out next year, I might have a chance of getting the wife to go for once.%)

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Me and Big Jim are gonna jump in his big Bronco and see if we can catch up with you guys. Scheduled Buxton arrival time about 9 a.m. Friday. We will check the campground first. You guys still planning the Ocrakoke Ferry at noon? It's looking like a good day to miss work, Boltbuster! We're bringing some rods to dip a line. The surf might be kicking up a little with the storm brewing off the coast. I told Jim maybe we could scare up some boards and act like we were young again, but I don't know if they have that much Beer in Hatteras!!

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Just saw a Weather channel report that showed it was raining there today with up to 3" locally expected in the area.

Stay dry guys!