• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GIVEAWAY CB.com Giveaway! - Automatic Tranny Detent Plate - Ends 10/31/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks to new forum member/vendor Alexander for sponsoring this ClassicBroncos giveaway! :)

Prize: Improved Detent Plate for automatic Broncos (2 will be given away)

Please Note: This is more of a Product Review then our typical giveaway. The manufacturer is looking for 2 people to try this product out and give their feedback. This is a very specific product for original equipment column shift automatics, so please only enter the giveaway if you have one. And be prepared to install in a timely manner and then give feedback. More info on these new detent plates here: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108289

Description: (From Alexander) A Bronco owner sent me a detent plate so I could make a new improved one, since he saw I was selling new improved detent plates for 1958-63 Thunderbirds and 1960-63 Falcons. This new part helps solve the common problem of these cars popping out of park into reverse when idling.

You should see significant improvement how your automatic transmission locks into place. This is not just a reproduction. It is an improved high-tech precision part unlike the original Ford stamping. Hundreds of Ford owners from around the world have bought my improved detent plates.

This plate replaces your worn 1966-1977 Ford Bronco detent plate (Part number 7A216). This is for all cars from these years equipped with automatic transmissions. This will keep your automatic transmission lever more securely in park and make gear selection less vague.
detent66-77bronco.jpg

This is not a reproduction. It is better than the original Ford part.

The plate is made of .089 inch low carbon mill steel cut by CAM (computer-aided machining). It is a bolt in replacement that fits on the shift flange ( 3511 ) as shown below.
detent61-63flange.jpg

Typical flange, shift lever and detent assembly - 1958-60 Thunderbird shown. Bronco is similar.

This new detent plate replace all styles of detent plates of Broncos from 1966-1977:
detent66-77bronco-graphic.jpg

The Rules:
Who can enter? - This giveaway will be open to all forum members, but this is also a product review. So please be prepared to install it in a timely manner and report back to Alexander on how it works.

How do you enter? - Please post in this thread if you want to be in the drawing. That way only those that actually need the parts will be picked. Please also mention that you have a column shift auto and whether you're having issues with it popping out of gear or park.

Deadline? - The 2 lucky winners will be selected on Wed October 31st (all entries in by 6:00 PM)

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
How hard is it to install? Is it just pulling the wheel or have to pull the signal harness out?

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
Sign me up.. I have 3 automatics.. But I don't have any problems with them popping out of gear..

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
Sign me up, I have had issues with it popping out in the past, but take care to insure it doesn't happen now. I was even planning to try modify the stock one when I put new bushings in.

Alexander

Loc.
New York City
How hard is it to install? Is it just pulling the wheel or have to pull the signal harness out?

The install should be similar to other Fords that use flat detent plates in the sixties to seventies. You do not need to pull out the signal harness. Instructions for installing the plate on a '58-60 Thunderbird are at http://www.squarebirds.org/detent_installation.htm . Installation should take less than an hour. You will need a steering wheel puller, but otherwise you just need simple hand tools.

I have sold hundreds of improved Ford Thunderbird and Falcon detent plates to customers all over the world. This is a much more precise piece than the factory original. If you get in your car now, you will notice that you can rock the shift lever now in park a little back and forth left to right. If you put this plate in, there will be no movement at all. It is locked in like a modern car.

I developed these detent plates because of the problem I had experienced with my own 1959 Thunderbird. The car can pop out of idle into reverse. A friend of mine had his 1962 Thunderbird go through the garage door after getting out of it and closing the door while the car was idling in park.

1962t-bird-garage.jpg

Last edited:

73ny

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New York
Where are you located in New York, just in case I want to buy one in person?

Alexander

Loc.
New York City
Where are you located in New York, just in case I want to buy one in person?

I don't have a storefront. This is a hobby of mine. If you pay online via PayPal you will get the plate in about two days, since you are local. I usually ship the next day after I get the order. I also accept checks or money orders - they need to clear first.

Many days I am in Forest Hills, Queens. If you want to meet to buy the plate in person, we can arrange a time. PM me.

Order through this link - PO address to send check/money order to is there also: http://www.squarebirds.org/detent_bronco66-77.htm

Alexander

Loc.
New York City
Okay, I have decided to give one more detent plate away on the 31st. Just make a post here saying "sign me up," and winner will be chosen at random.

KingOf_Pain

I have two Auto columns sitting on the work bench waiting for one of the to be rebuilt for my EB. I'm interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.