• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what tire size for uncut and lifted??

jurob

Loc.
Virginia Beach, Va
pick up my 1st eb after many years of wanting and going through 1 fullsize and 2 wranglers.

i really want to run 33/12.5/15's. the rig is in pretty good shape and even though i prefer the cut and flared look i don't have the heart to do it right now.

the plan is 2" body and 3 1/2" suspension which i should have ordered and on within a month.

is the 33/12.5 with 15x8 going to work for 97% street and 3% offroad? which backspacing? i like a slightly wider track.

all opinions and experience appreciated.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I have 33x12.50's and a 5 inch lift no body lift and it does great with my uncut fenders, I fully compressed it at bronco daze last week and it only rubbed alittle, you'll do fine with the setup you want to run.

OP
OP
J

jurob

Loc.
Virginia Beach, Va
Raptor,
do you have in pics?

from my searches it seems like most will run a narrower tire, which is not the look i'm looking for.

broncojohn

I had and have a uncut bronco with 33" on it with a 4" lift.. Its all in the offset in the wheels.. I haven't found (except stock) wheels that have the 4 1/2 off set on a 7" wheel. Most of the one you find are for 2 wheeldrive and the center hole is too small. I toss them on the milling machine and Boar out the centers. BFG also used to make 33x9.5x15 too and that helped, now all they make are the 33x10.5x15..

OP
OP
J

jurob

Loc.
Virginia Beach, Va
tks for the help. after alot of thinking, i'm going to cut it. i don't like the look of a skinny 33. and from the pics i've seen, it will rub/hit. its a shame to have to cut it, but at least it will look real good.

100_9160.jpg
[/IMG]

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
well I'll tell you what dude if you put on a 5 inch lift a 2 inch body lift you could put on 34's and you'll never rub. Plus that bronc of yours is very rare, mine does not have the original fenders those are steel replacements so when I get gears and tires I will cut but I would neeeeevvveeeerrrr cut and original uncut bronco.

I'd just buy a junker for wheeling if I was you ;D

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Raptor,
Do you happen to know the width of your wheels and backspacing? Dr. Bronco is helping me weld some uncut quarters back on my '72 this Sunday, right, Dr.B? ;)
What time is the Bear game Sunday?

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
look very closely those are rims that came on full size trucks I believe in the 90's so they are of stock ford back spacing.

IMG_1095.jpg

OP
OP
J

jurob

Loc.
Virginia Beach, Va
Raptor,
can i get some front and back shots of your rig?

what mods to driveline for a 5" suspension? i can get a 4 1/2 for basically same price as 3 1/2" and still do body lift also.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
you will need longer shocks a drop pitman arm longer brake lines as well as drive shafts and for a lift over 3in you will want to put on a track bar drop bracket as well as caster correction bushings on your radius arms. Also I pulled out the ole' tape measure and the back spacing is about 4in maybe less.

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I forgot to mention how many compliments I got for wheeling this uncut beast out at occotillo wells;D

ILikeBond

Ressurecting a way old thread here, but I have a question for you, Raptor - how do you deal with the lost stability with the 5" suspension lift? At 3.5", I already feel awful top heavy, like it would be dangerous to take a corner too quickly. Am I just being a pu$$y and being overcautious? I'd eventually like to get some bigger, wider tires on mine (maybe the 2" wider (than 10.5") tire helps too?).

Thanks!