• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Invitational Run @ Crozet, VA - Jan 20, 2008

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
I WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE THIS INITIAL POST WITH THE LATEST INFO.

On Sunday, January 20, 2008, the day after the Mid-Atlantic Early Bronco (MEB) Hooters Get Together in Richmond, VA, the Rockcrawlers for the Preservation of Future Access (RCPFA) will informally host a run for those interested.

Crozet is approximately 80 miles west of Richmond, VA. Please be advised that Crozet is privately owned land that my club, RCPFA, maintains. It is NOT open to the public at any other time unless arranged via the RCPFA Board of Directors (BOD). With their approval, I've been given the go ahead to extend this invitation to MEB members. All persons attending must either drive their rig or have a seat in another rig to ride in. NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED at wheeling events. Please take all of your trash and or broken parts with you. Upon your departure, the area should be left in as good a condition as when you arrived.

DATE & TIME

Sunday, January 20, 2008 (8:30 am - 5:00 pm)
(PLEASE BE ON TIME TO GET INTO YOUR TRAIL GROUPS)

FIXED ADDRESS (MapQuest)

6000 Bearwood Rd.
Crozet, VA 22932

WEATHER LINK (Crozet, VA 22932)

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/tenday/22932?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_golf

ACCOMODATIONS

We will have guided wheeling of all level trails (listed below) and a large bonfire on Saturday night. Primitive on-site camping and a porta-john is available. If desired/needed, we will separate tenting areas for noise control.

LODGING

There are at least 50 or 60 hotels in the area. The following two are the closest.

Holiday Inn (Charlottesville-Monticello)
I-64 & 631 (5th St.)
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Ph: (434) 977-5100

Holiday Inn (Charlottesville-University Area)
1901 Emmet St.
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Ph: (434) 977-7700

THE TRAILS

We will have guides available for each trail level (listed below). Participants will choose trail levels the morning of the event (i.e., run Blues, Blacks, etc.).

Blues & Blacks
2461074_247_full.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0152-1.jpg

Reds
almost.jpg

MINIMUM VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS

Low Blues:
- 31" tires (not street tread)
- Hi-lift jack or a jack capable of lifting your tire off the ground
- Tow strap (hooks type straps are not permitted)
- Tow points front and rear of vehicle
- A CB
- First-aid kit
- Rocker protection and skid plates recommended

Middle/Upper Blues with (optional) Low Black Bypasses:
- 33" tires
- A CB
- First-aid kit

Low Blacks:
- 35" tires
- Front and rear lockers
- A CB
- First-aid kit
- Body and/or drive train damage is likely

Upper Blacks/Reds:
- Minimum 35" tires
- Front and rear lockers
- Full frame tied-in roll cage (6 or more points)
- A total disregard for body damage
- Helmets recommended
- A trailer to tow your rig home
- A few screws loose in your head

FEES

Members - $25/day per vehicle, $40/2-day weekend per vehicle. (No passenger fees.)
Visitors - $30/day per vehicle, $60/2-day weekend per vehicle. (No passenger fees.)

WAIVERS

Signed waivers must be turned in before heading out on the morning of the event.

ALCOHOL

Alcohol is NOT PERMITTED during the trail rides. You may drink after you are done wheeling. Alcohol is permitted in the camping and bonfire area.

DIRECTIONS:

From I-66

- 29S at Gainesville towards Charlottesville
- In Charlottesville, take 250W Bypass
- Take immediate exit (Barracks Road)
- Right at stoplight
- Continue straight through next stoplight
- Follow Barracks Road/Garth Road for approximately 10-15 minutes
- Left onto Route 810/White Hall Road (landmark is a convenience store on right) Follow
Route 810 for approximately 5 minutes
- At the bottom of a sweeping right-hand downhill, take right onto Route 811/Bearwood
Road (landmark is an orchard on right)
- If you cross a bridge and see a sign for "The Rockery", you've missed the turn.
- Follow Route 811/Bearwood Road past end of state maintenance sign, over the cattle
guard and to the top of the hill

From 81N or S and 64 west of Crozet

- 64E towards Charlottesville
- Take Crozet Exit (#107)
- Left onto Route 250 towards Crozet
- Drive past schools
- Left at stoplight onto Route 240 towards Crozet
- Follow this road approximately 4 miles into Crozet (it will turn into Route 810)
- Continue on Route 810, straight through the stop sign (landmark is a BP gas station on
the left)
- Left onto Route 811/Bearwood Road approximately 2 miles past the BP station (at the
bottom of a hill just after a sign for "The Rockery" and just before the Henley's Orchard
sign)
- Follow Route 811/Bearwood Road past end of state maintenance sign, over the cattle
guard and to the top of the hill.

From I-64 east of Charlottesville

- 64W Past Charlottesville
- Take Crozet Exit (#107)
- Right onto Route 250 towards Crozet
- Drive past schools
- Left at stoplight onto Route 240 towards Crozet
- Follow this road approximately 4 miles into Crozet (it will turn into Route 810)
- Continue on Route 810, straight through the stop sign (landmark is a BP station on the
left)
- Left onto Route 811/Bearwood Road approximately 2 miles past the BP station (at the
bottom of a hill just after a sign for "The Rockery" and just before the Henley's Orchard
sign)
guard and to the top of the hill.

YOU CAN FOLLOW THE RCPFA LINK IN MY SIGNATURE TO FIND OUT MORE INFO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
SCHEDULED TO ATTEND:

MEB Invitational Attendees

fdezone* (Axel) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
clownshoe (Smitty) - Right Seat w/Axel
iwlbcnu* (Jeff) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
67halfer* (Tony) - Right Seat w/Jeff
87 4-Runner Truggy (Chris) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
eb66to77 (Matt) - Right Seat w/Chris
Adventurous4x4 (Randy) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
partsflyin (Slim) - Upper Blacks/Reds
72 Bronk (Mark) - Upper Blacks/Reds
peckerwood (Pecker) - Upper Blacks/Reds
Yota Truggy (Renick) - Upper Blacks/Reds
Jeep TJ (Bruce) - Low Blues

* Denotes local MD/DC/VA MEB member.

Hosting RCPFA Attendees

TACO (Daniel) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
chrish (Chris) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
akxj (Eric) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
TooleyII (Ryan) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
carrieinva (Keith) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
bay bogger (Woody) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
DTilley (Dave) - Upper Blacks/Reds
BESRK (Eddie) - Upper Blacks/Reds

Please let me know if you can provide any spare parts to help accommodate our out of state guests in the event of breakage (i.e., u-joints, hubs, tie rods, shocks, steering boxes, axle shafts, etc.).

Basic tools and welder will be provided. We only ask that you pay for the expendables. There is also an auto parts store located nearby. I'll have to verify their Sunday hours of operation.

Last edited:

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
sounds awesome Axel! Please forward our appreciation to the R.C.P.F.A. for this opportunity. I think I will lodge at a near by hotel...leaving the slide-in home,Chuck

OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey, not to shabby, as it stands now, we have 7 folks interested in attending the Crozet run (see second post).

I would like to know what sort of wheeling each of you may be interested in. I realize some folks have restos or rigs closer to stock form than others and I want everyone to have a good time, no pressure. I was thinking of having a Low Blues "all up" run early in the morning and perhaps breaking up into groups (based on driver & rig capabilites) as the day progresses.

I'll run Blues and Low Blacks (Bypasses!) If anyone is interested in High Blacks or Reds, please let me know in advance so that I can make arrangements with Chris. I would hate to hold anyone back. I'll tell ya right now, I personally don't meet the "total disregard for body damage" criteria! All that steel on rock crashing still makes me cringe. :-X

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Nice lead shot ;)
I run high blues to mid blacks, but plan on driving to and from there :)
If anyone is staying in the Ruckersville hotel, I live about 12 miles from there, and will be going by taking the back way to Crozet.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Might have to make this one too..I would have to bring the trail rig with me behind the '78 Bronc, but it's a short trip compared to most I make..and will be there for the Hooters thing and staying the night in Richmond anyways...soooo

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Hmm, not looking good for the light blue crowd (me). Maybe I will just drive up and down a dirt road and dream about the off-roader. If that is the case, don't sweat going with the majority on my account.

OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
If anyone is staying in the Ruckersville hotel, I live about 12 miles from there, and will be going by taking the back way to Crozet.

Jeff, is this the hotel you'll be passing enroute?

Best Western
5920 Seminole Trl.
Ruckersville, VA 22968
Ph: (434) 985-1855

OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
Hmm, not looking good for the light blue crowd (me). Maybe I will just drive up and down a dirt road and dream about the off-roader. If that is the case, don't sweat going with the majority on my account.

Don't worry, we'll take care of you, and your rig. My first time up there I was telling everyone that I was gonna blaze my own trails, Low Pinks. Again, don't sweat it, we'll get you through, hopefully without a scratch. j/k ;D

Trust me, I'm notorious for letting my alligator mouth write checks that my hummingbird ass can't cash. Other than maybe shocks, I have no spare parts and I'm running 35s with 260 joints! The recipe is there my friend, let's hope I avert disaster. Last time out I tippy-toed through everything.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Yep that's the one, it is about a year old and I can never remember if it was that or a days inn.

Jeff, is this the hotel you'll be passing enroute?

Best Western
5920 Seminole Trl.
Ruckersville, VA 22968
Ph: (434) 985-1855

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Can I bring a guest? He has a 51 F3 and has been to a round up too.