• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LAST CALL...1st Annual MEB Wrench & Roast, July 19th!

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Last call If you'd like to attend and have not let me know, please do so TODAY so I can add you to the list for directions and details and add you to the count for the food orders.

Mmmmm, I can almost smell the pig and corn roasting now! :)

Members,

Now that I am starting to recuperate from an exhausting but fun filled week at the East Coast Bronco Roundup, I thought I had better get the word out again about MEB’s July activity….

I would like to invite all MEB members (and those who'e like to join MEB) and your families or guest to my place in Dover, PA on the weekend of July 19th for what I hope will become another annual MEB gathering.

The current plan is to have a club cookout and group project in my new garage that will focus on helping a fellow club member get some work done on their Bronco!

For our first shot at this I have chosen Charter Member Allen Fahey as our much deserving member. Allen served as a member of our Board of Directors in the early years of our club and has been a regular at the Roundups and many of the Carlisle shows and is always been there to lend a hand for the benefit of the club. He’s also very active on several of the various Bronco mailing lists and forums and is often helping others with paint and body related questions on their projects. However, due to the birth of his twin boys and then his daughter along with his dedication to advance his painting career, Allen has had a lot slower progress with his nearly 10 year Bronco project than he’d like! In fact, some of us who have known Allen since day one of MEB have wondered if he really even has a Bronco!

Allen assures me that he still has it and is “getting closer”! Well, I’d like to see our members come out in July to give Allen a hand to get this thing on the road!

Here is a quick rundown on Allen’s Project:
· 95 Mustang 5.0 with new Ford Motorsports harness.
· 93 Intake and computer, etc.
· Centech chassis harness
· NP435/203 doubler/D20
· 78 F350 front and rear D60's, 5.13's, ARB's front and rear.
· Cage Long Arms
· Astro hydroboost. Rebuilt and high flowed by Vanco for ram assist (will do
ram assist at a later date)
· PSC high volume power steering pump

Allen assures me he has been working hard to get many of the smaller items done and is looking forward to knocking out these major items in a few weeks at the MEB Wrench & Roast:

· Finish wiring EFI and connect all sensors, install distributor and coil.
· Install fuel lines, low and high pressure pumps, and accumulator.
· Remove stock axles and install Dana 60’s front and rear
· Install CAGE long arm front suspension along with new front and rear shock mounts.
· Install Wild Horses raised track bar onto D60

Ideally, I plan on having 4 team leaders with 2-3 on each team:
1. Electrical System Team(EFI wiring, vacuum lines, sensors, distributor and coil)
2. Fuel System Team(fuel lines, pumps, accumulator)
3. Front Suspension (remove Dana 44 and install Dana 60 and suspension)
4. Rear Suspension (remove 9” and install Dana 60 and shocks)

If we have more that will be great as we can always spread some of the work out among those who are skilled, and can help others who would like to learn as well. This is a great opportunity for many who have not yet tackled projects like this to learn from others who have.

Although I am still finishing off my new work area in the shop, it should be very functional by the 19th with a new 2 post lift, multiple shop air outlets, MIG and Plasma etc. When it comes closer I will put out a request to those participating if we find we will need some additional tools (i.e. extra impact wrenches, air ratchets, etc.) for simultaneous use by the teams.

Hopefully we can have some folks show up Friday to assist on some prep work so that we can all hit it as early as possible on Saturday so that we can have it knocked out by dinner time Saturday night. After dinner we can kick back around the MEB fire ring and enjoy a few cold ones after a good day in the shop with fellow Bronco enthusiasts!

I have a large enough yard for people to camp in tents, bring your RV, crash on the floor in the house, garage at a local hotel (a few are listed below) or whatever you prefer! When I get a feel for how many will attend, I will determine what we will do for food. If there is enough, I might roast a pig and corn, otherwise it will likely be food on the grill. We can order pizza/subs, etc. for lunch.

Since this is a new event and one that is quite different that others we’ve done, I need to get a better feel for how many would plan to attend and who you will bring. MEB will provide food and soft drinks on Saturday so there will no cost to participate for you or your family/guest.

If we have some wives/girlfriends who’d like to come, we can arrange for them to go to Gettysburg or Lancaster or one of the other outlets/shopping destinations if they’d like. We can also set up for some kids’ games if it looks like there will be a good turnout of kids as well.

I look forward to seeing many of you there! Please send me an email (drew@earlybroncos.com) if you plan to come and let me know the following:

o If you would be willing to be a team leader or have skills that would best be suited to one or more of the proposed teams.
o The number of adults and kids that will be with you for Dinner on Saturday.
o If your wife/GF and/or kids will be attending.
o If you plan to camp at my place.

I will send an email out to all who are attending with my address and directions.

I could also use some help preparing dinner, so if you are better with tongs than a torch you can still help out!

Oh, by the way, in order to have your rig considered for next years project, you must participate in this years!

See you there!

Drew

Holiday Inn
2000 Loucks Road
York, PA 17404
717-846-9500

Best Western
1415 Kenneth Road
York, PA 17404
717-767-6931

Super 8 Motel
Arsenal Road
York, PA 17404
717-852-8686

Four Points Sheraton
1650 Toronita St
York, PA 17402

Last edited:

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
My brother (cesco) and I are planning on coming down to lend a hand.
Whats your starting time?

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Steve, I guess we have not officially set that yet? ?:?

I would like to get started early so we can hopefully get all the goals accomplished and still be done in time to enjoy dinner and a few beers around the campfire.

If you and Brian want to camp or crash in the garage or enclosed trailer, you can come down Friday night if you'd like so you don't have the 200 mile drive on Saturday AM.

I'm thinking around 8AM would be a good time to shoot for? What do you guys think?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Don't ask Randy - he'll say 6 am!

I'll be there Friday night with the RV.

ransil

Bronco Guru
6 am sound good to me..

I'll be there Friday some time.
Drew you taking Friday off?

oldskooldropout

Loc.
Frederick, MD
I would love to come, may learn some things from you guys, unfortunately I will be playing baseball. My friends and I rent out the AA Ball field for the Frederick Keys, Baltimore Orioles farm team, every year. It is fun to play on a regulation field all groomed!!

You guys have fun though and watch out for the Knuckle Busters!! ;D

-Jamie

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
6 am sound good to me..

I'll be there Friday some time.
Drew you taking Friday off?

Yes, I'm taking off work so I can get things ready, so come as early as you like on Friday.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm thinking Judi and I could make it. Don't know if I would be any help on the rig build..maybe I can just pop Corona tops for those doing the heavy lifting.;D

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I appreciate any and all help I can get to get my Bronco any closer to trail ready!
Scratch the EFI plumbing off the list. Should have that wraped up tommorrow.

BTW Bill, There's no heavy lifting. Drew has a lift and a forklift :)

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Allen, are Lisa and the kids coming?

Looks like we could have 30-40+ adults and a dozen kids or so. I'd better get to work on a food plan to feed everyone! Looks like we might have enough to roast a pig afterall!

Bill, you can be in charge of manning the crank on the pig rotesserie. The key is a continual, slow rotation for the final 4-5 hours! ;D

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bill, you can be in charge of manning the crank on the pig rotesserie. The key is a continual, slow rotation for the final 4-5 hours! ;D

Okey dokey..I'll take charge and make sure Judi turns it just right.;D

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BTW Bill, There's no heavy lifting. Drew has a lift and a forklift :)

LOL...but you wouldn't belive how the lifting can add up during a work session like this, even if only 12-oz at a time...over and over.

I can weld a little...:D ...be glad to lend a hand with the 60 and long arm install if needed. Will bring my own helmet..and anything else you can think of that I need to, Drew and Allen.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Allen,

when is the Bronco gettint there????

My plan is to take my Super Duty and trailer to work in Baltimore on Wednesday or Thursday and have come up and swap vehicles so he can bring it up hopefully early Friday. We could also do this earlier if he wants, he just needs to let me know what day to take it to work.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
OKAY....wait just a second there darlin!:eek: I think we need to have a wee chat about your plan here.:mad:

uh..I'm sure I meant to say that maybe you could hand me a beer once in a while while I turn the pig..yeah..that's it..that's what I meant...why of course it is:p

Busted..again