• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2nd Annual MEB Invitational Run @ Crozet, VA - Jan 18, 2009

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
I WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE THIS INITIAL POST WITH THE LATEST INFO.

It's that time of year again so mark your calendars now.

On Sunday, January 18, 2009, the day after the Mid-Atlantic Early Bronco (MEB) Hooters Get Together in Richmond, VA, the Rockcrawlers for the Preservation of Future Access (RCPFA) will host the 2nd Annual Invitational Run for anyone interested in attending.

Crozet is approximately 80 miles west of Richmond, VA. Please be advised that Crozet is privately owned land that my club, RCPFA, maintains. It is NOT open to the public at any other time unless arranged via the RCPFA Board of Directors (BOD). With their approval, I've been given the go ahead to extend this invitation to MEB members. All persons attending must either drive their rig or have a seat in another rig to ride in. NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED at wheeling events. Please take all of your trash and or broken parts with you. Upon your departure, the area should be left in as good a condition as when you arrived.

DATE & TIME

Sunday, January 18, 2009 (8:30 am - 5:00 pm)
(PLEASE BE ON TIME TO GET INTO YOUR TRAIL GROUPS)

(MapQuest)
6000 Bearwood Rd.
Crozet, VA 22932

(You'll need to go past the "End of State Maintenance" sign, over the cattle
guard and to the top of the hill.)

WEATHER LINK (Crozet, VA 22932)

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/tenday/22932?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_golf

ACCOMODATIONS

We have primitive on-site camping with the option of a large bonfire on Saturday night. If desired/needed, we will separate tenting areas for noise control. A porta-john is also available.

LODGING

There are at least 50 or 60 hotels in the area. The following two are the closest.

Holiday Inn (Charlottesville-Monticello)
I-64 & 631 (5th St.)
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Ph: (434) 977-5100

Holiday Inn (Charlottesville-University Area)
1901 Emmet St.
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Ph: (434) 977-7700

THE TRAILS

We will have guides available for each trail level (listed below). Participants will choose trail levels the morning of the event (i.e., run Blues, Blacks, etc.).

Blues & Blacks

2986593_51_full.jpg

2986593_60_full.jpg

Reds

dsc06565.jpg

cz11.jpg

cz10.jpg

MINIMUM VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS

Low Blues:
- 31" tires (not street tread)
- Tow points front and rear of vehicle
- Rocker protection and skid plates recommended

Middle/Upper Blues with (optional) Low Black Bypasses:
- 33" tires

Low Blacks:
- 35" tires
- Front and rear lockers
- Body and/or drive train damage is likely

Upper Blacks/Reds:
- Minimum 35" tires
- Front and rear lockers
- Full frame tied-in roll cage (6 or more points)
- A total disregard for body damage
- Helmets
- A trailer to tow your rig home
- A few screws loose in your head

FEES

Members - $25/day per vehicle, $40/2-day weekend per vehicle. (No passenger fees.)
Visitors - $30/day per vehicle, $60/2-day weekend per vehicle. (No passenger fees.)

WAIVERS

Signed waivers must be turned in before heading out on the morning of the event.

ALCOHOL

Alcohol is NOT PERMITTED during the trail rides. You may drink after you are done wheeling. Alcohol is permitted in the camping and bonfire area.

YOU CAN FOLLOW THE RCPFA LINK IN MY SIGNATURE TO FIND OUT MORE INFO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
SCHEDULED TO ATTEND:

MEB Invitational Attendees (4)

iwlbcnu* (Jeff) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
eb66to77* (Matt) - Low Blues (& Right Seat)
Bronco Biff* - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
Bud* - Upper Blues/Low Blacks

RCPFA Hosts (10)

jeepnchris (Chris) - Reds
jeepnheather (Heather) - Reds
DTilley (Dave) - Reds (GUIDE)
akxj (Eric) - Blacks (GUIDE)
fdezone* (Axel) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
67halfer* (Tony) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
Bcrewcaptain (Jeff) -
core4wd* (Dave) -
tsommers4runr (John) -
FJ40Fran (Fran) -

Others (16-18)

Tidewater Four-Wheelers (T4W)

* Early Bronco Owner

Last edited:
OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
Here are some motivational pics from yesterday's Member's Only Run.

[youtube]edriPEJ9RB8[/youtube]

Are you ready?

Last edited:

rlwhetsel

Loc.
Staunton
I went there a couple of years ago before I was into broncos. Had a lot of fun. Had a Rubicon with 37's and felt little compared to some of the rigs there

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
I went there a couple of years ago before I was into broncos. Had a lot of fun. Had a Rubicon with 37's and felt little compared to some of the rigs there

x2 !! I feel little each time I'm there , but I take my little Zuki w/ 33" and run all over the trails, so don't feel as if you have to have a full blown trail rig to come out w/ us.. We had a good mix of rigs last year , I'm hoping it will be atleast that many this yr.. ;D

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Forgot to post. I will be there with an uncut. Hopefully Chris will come too.

OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
Geez, only 11 rigs are currently signed up and 9 of them are RCPFA club members. :-[ Where are all the wheelers? Come on folks, if you're coming up for the Hooters Get Together, bring your junk and wheel it. This is the only time I get to wheel with other EBs! :( Just a friendly reminder, that is a 3-day weekend. ;D

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I still need to join and offer to guide. (I usually end up guiding anyway)

Bronco Biff

Contributor
I'm hoping to make the trip. Looks like a fun time. Put me on the list as a prospective new member!!

OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
I'm hoping to make the trip. Looks like a fun time. Put me on the list as a prospective new member!!

Good deal, you've been added. Be advised, you don't have to become a member to attend this Invitational Run. Jeff (iwlbcnu) just happens to live nearby and knows Crozet like the palm of his hand. I'll be following him... some places anyway. I just wanted to clarify that. ;)

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Axel - Thanks for sponsoring this annual event at Crozet! We appreciate you opening up this private park to MEB members and prospective members.

Unfortuanately the MEB Round Up Committee is meeting the same Sunday and I won't be able to make it again this year. One of these days I'd sure like to make it out there and see what Crozet is all about!

You all have fun - but first we'll see you at Hooters! ;D

Bronco Biff - We will have MEB membership applications available at Hooters - hope to see you there!

Gary
MEB Events Director

OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
One of these days I'd sure like to make it out there and see what Crozet is all about!

Gary, we have our monthly meeting coming up next weekend 12/13-14. I can make it out there on Saturday the 13th. My Sundays are usually tied up with my daughter's field hockey.

Let me know if you're interested in joining us on a run that weekend.

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Bronco Biff - We will have MEB membership applications available at Hooters - hope to see you there!
Gary
MEB Events Director

I will be REnewing my MEB membership. Joined after attending this past roundup at Gore. Top notch event!! Fantastic group of EB enthusiast You guys ROCK! (pun intended!)

I was interested in joining the RCFPA, especially since it is close (3 hours) to home!! I am kinda shackled (blessed) with 5 kids and three seasons of sports too, which limits my time (uh, and money!)