• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Twin Stick and NV3550 Install

grauerfam

Loc.
Owings Mills,MD
Here's what I ended up doing. This is with a T case and JBfab twin sticks. What you end up doing will depend on which brand of twin stick you have because the way they mount seems to differ slightly. Also, The AA transfer case shifter bracket is for a stock T shifter. Compare how your new twin stick would mount to the stock 3 sp/ transfer case adapter and you'll get a better idea how it should fit on the NV3550 bracket. I first tried to mount the JB in a horizontal position and that's why there is a notch in my AA bracket - 1st pic. In that position the arms seemed too short and didn't line up correctly. This is where I looked at the stock set up and noticed the JB was designed to use the two holes, one larger than the other, and in an angled position. In order to duplicate that angle on the AA bracket I modified the JB mount by welding 2 additional pieces to it, one at a 90 degree angle, the other as a filler across the top to add strength. This new modified bracket uses the original hole in the AA bracket at the top and a new hole/ stud at the bottom. The shifter is very well braced and works smoothly. In doing these mods access to the mounting bolts for the AA bracket needs to be maintained.

Attachments

• DSC03064.jpg
    DSC03064.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC03065.jpg
    DSC03065.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC03066.jpg
    DSC03066.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 137
OP
OP
A

AGShelby

Loc.
San Antonio, Texas
Thanks for the photos - grauerfam

Helped 100%. Have the bracket installed and ready to go. Minor modifications were needed to the bracket - (bent slightly to line up to the rear shift rail) - otherwise a 5 minute job.

grauerfam

Loc.
Owings Mills,MD
I'm glad it only took you 5 minutes! I spent a good half day and a little head scratching before it was done. Quality garage time.