• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Designer/Selecta

PolarrrBearrr

Loc.
P.R. of NJ
I'd be willing to do it, it would just take a while to get all the possible configurations into Flash...

Eh, what the hell I need the practice. ;D

PotterFX4

Loc.
Parma, OH
That would be a fantastic tool. It would be even better if the venders bought in and allowed specific products & componants to be included.

Man I haven't used flash in about 8 years...I am sure my version is a bit out of date...

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Thats pretty cool. I used to use flash and fireworks a lot back when I was teaching, I would make interactive study tools and games for my students to use at school and online. I'll see if I too can do a little playing with it, man I sure am rusty!

OP
OP
Explorer

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I have no idea what you need to do this, but I did find this blueprint of a 66 showing the half cab. Pretty basic, but I am sure someone has a better one.

Attachments

• ford-bronco-1966-3.jpg
    ford-bronco-1966-3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 134

PolarrrBearrr

Loc.
P.R. of NJ
Actually, that drawing is a perfect place to start.

I can do it one of two ways: either using actual pics of the various parts and configurations, or more like the illustrated one that was posted. The illustrated one will be easier to build, but I'll need to create all the parts in Illustrator, and then build the interface in Flash.

Some of the things that will be options are (in no particular order):

1. Lift / Lower
2. Cut / Uncut
3. Full Hard Top / Half Cab
4. All the softtop configurations
5. Roll cages
6. Wheels
7. Bumpers
8. Tire Carrier
9. Doors (none, hard, soft and cut outs)
10. Paint (w and w/o striping)
11. Lights

... and pretty much anything else I can think of. I'll use pics from the gallery here to get ideas.

This is actually a better one than the one that was posted (and eye candy for you paintballers).

http://www.a5builder.com/?gclid=COnHjYnjz5gCFQw9GgodtGMO1A

As for the vendors, I see no reason I couldn't do something - but let me get the basics down first. Maybe a front and back view as well as the side...

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
12. Hoods/hood scoops
13. Roof racks
14. Flares front/rear w/ adjustable height and width
15. Wheel base stretch front and rear
16. Tub stretch

OK, 15. and 16. are probably asking for too much! ;D

PolarrrBearrr

Loc.
P.R. of NJ
12. Hoods/hood scoops
13. Roof racks
14. Flares front/rear w/ adjustable height and width
15. Wheel base stretch front and rear
16. Tub stretch

OK, 15. and 16. are probably asking for too much! ;D

Actually, 15 and 16 are real easy - they are just modifying the base image, which is super easy when I create it in Illustrator as vector art.

I was planning on doing 12 and 13, just forgot to add to the list.

Umm.. as for 14... I'm new to this, but I thought all the flares were the same? I mean, unless you're talking about different styles of flare?

Anyone else, please feel free to add to the list...

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
Don't forget bumpers and tire racks...;D

Maybe between a few people we could get a component/composite - as long as anyone working on it does it to scale.

OP
OP
Explorer

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Glad to see the interest in this. My design tools consist of a cutting wheel, welder and paint gun. Kind of hard to visualize till its too late.

dan12580

ill be first to throw this out because iam not a cheapskate lowlife freeloader;D . polarbear-set up a "donation" account for your time/expenses on something like this. it would be awesome to have something like this and iam sure everyone would be willing to toss in a couple of bucks to help it come to fruition.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Oh please........Oh please, make this happen!! This could keep people busy for hours, not to mention a very, very, very useful tool for us to have at out disposal!! And hell I'd throw you a few bucks also if that would help or if that's what it took. I'll be up many nights anticipating the completion of this!!

Shawn

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Umm.. as for 14... I'm new to this, but I thought all the flares were the same? I mean, unless you're talking about different styles of flare?

There is a "standard" size flare but also there are flares designed to be mounted in high and/or stretched out positions to accomodate big tires and max articulation with minimum lift. See this link to WH that explains "regular" and "extreme" mounting of their Gorilla Warflares.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/Fender_Flares

PolarrrBearrr

Loc.
P.R. of NJ
OK before you all cream you jeans, relax. I'm working on it. I do design for a living, and I need to work to pay bills, so this is a nighttime project. I've already started doing research and slowly building the components. Hold your wads and your prayers will be answered.

Thanks for the idea of the donations too!

wjjeeper

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
OK before you all cream you jeans, relax. I'm working on it. I do design for a living, and I need to work to pay bills, so this is a nighttime project. I've already started doing research and slowly building the components. Hold your wads and your prayers will be answered.

Thanks for the idea of the donations too!

hahaha... great post.

So are you done it yet? ;D
;)