• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Homebrew Bronco build thread!

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
Well I guess I'll start a build thread on here cause its alittal more reliable than the last site I was on! I spent the better part of a year documenting everything I accomplished on My 73, just to have the moderator dump all the stuff off cause He only wanted jeep BS on their? I guess thats partly My fault for not comming here first! I'm going to try and do this thread right the first time so bear with me as it is going to be relitively slow going! I first spotted My bronco to be, in an overflow parking lot on Eielson AFB AK in 2003. After 2 years of driving by it on the way to work, I decided to start doing some checking on it!! The good thing is that its real easy finding out who owns things on a military installation cause everything has to registered no matter what! So it takes me about 2 days to figure out who ownes this thing and that it hasent been moved in almost 3 years (not the prettiest thing in the world, mind you)! I look this guy up on the Air Force global email list and shoot him an email, but its not His!! Turns out that its His dads (not in the AF nor was He ever)! But He dose have a local address (good for Me)! I went to the house with hopes of owning My first EB! The house was abandon, long ago?? Well to make a long story short, the guy got on a plane out of Eielson AFB AK and never looked back, the bronco was towed and I ended up buying it from a Fairbanks city auction for $1400 and drove it home! "Victory is MINE!!" Stewie Griffin 2004

Last edited:

PolarrrBearrr

Loc.
P.R. of NJ
Wish I could find things laying around like that here. Nice work. Post some pics when you get a chance, and what are the plans?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You definitely are in the right place now...and you got a great deal, sounds like.. ;)

OP
OP
broncosport

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
Yeah, $1400 is a good deal but the story behind the $1400 would take up 1 whole page it's self (makes me all emotional talking about it)! I know most threads are garbage without BA pics but most of my really good pics from the old thread are gone with the wind, so I'll do My best! I do appreciate the interest though!

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncosport

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
Here she is day 1! This is what I had to start with?
trucks0002.jpg

trucks0018.jpg

trucks0029.jpg

trucks0034.jpg

trucks0008.jpg

trucks0014.jpg

trucks0028.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncosport

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
And 5 hours later and alittal less painfull to look at! Why someone would bomb can pastel yellow is beyond me! Camo all the way!!
trucks0038.jpg

trucks0040.jpg

trucks0042.jpg

trucks0044.jpg

trucks0046.jpg

trucks0039.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncosport

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
one of My first mods (home made twin stick) first gen! Ugly but worked really good! No pics of 2nd gen but its basicly the same but looks way better!
Picture218.jpg

Picture220.jpg

Picture106.jpg

Picture222.jpg

Picture219.jpg

Picture223.jpg

Picture217.jpg

Picture216.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncosport

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
My scrapyard bumper! Both My front and rear bumpers were made from steel I dug out of a dumpster!
100_1633.jpg

100_1641.jpg

100_1885.jpg

100_1886.jpg

100_1888.jpg

Last edited:

AKwheeler

So it takes me about 2 days to figure out who ownes this thing

Took me 30 seconds to find out who owns it now....;D

Good score and welcome!

I just started my build and plan on posting it up here in just a few minutes.

OP
OP
broncosport

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
Well you picked the right place to start your thread!!! The guys on here will never let you down!! Whare do you live in Alaska?? I just moved from Eieson afb about a year ago!

AKwheeler

I live in Fairbanks, about 30 miles from Arctic Blvd, Eielson. ;)

2 of my friends are ANG recruiters and live out there, so I spend a little time on base.

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Lovin the lockout hub/spare tire carrier!

I also like your approach to the twin sticks. That's the first time I've seen a bolt used for the pivot. Great idea, just make sure you slather it with anti-sieze so it can't rust up and freeze on you.

Looks like you got a good vehicle to start with.... My $1400 didn't buy me as nice a bronco as you got.

OP
OP
broncosport

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
Well I dont think I will beable to find a bunch of the body swap pics so I'll go right to the aftermath!! I ended up trading My millwalkee chopsaw for a mostly rust free 76 body! It had a totaly mangled front clip, so I left it where I found it!!! OH yeah I should mention that in their someplace I found time to move from Alaska to Missouri!! I ended up not packing a bunch of My original parts (bummer)!! Good bumpers, doors, rollbar and a ton of small misc parts that I forgot at My buddys house in North Pole!
bronc1.jpg

bronc3.jpg

bronc11.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncosport

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
Originalcore support and inner fenders on the garage floor! They needed alittal tlc! their still not perfect but I'm happy with them for now!
P8270062.jpg

P8270061.jpg

P8270060.jpg

P8170004.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncosport

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
Here's some pics of the motor neering completion! Sorry I dont have the pics from start to finish!! Their hiding in the puter someplace?? Its an 89 mustang motor with a 95 lightning cam! I did a real budget build in it cause I plan on putting the OE 302 back in after a pro rebuild!!
P8170008.jpg

P8170009.jpg

P8170010.jpg

P8170011.jpg

P8170012.jpg

P8210013.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncosport

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
Getting the chassis ready for the motor! You can see in these pis where I cut the rockers! I also fab'd up a temp 2" body lift from 2"x2" square tube! I'm on a tight budget what can I say!!
P8230026.jpg

P8230025.jpg

P8230019.jpg

P8230017.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncosport

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
working on the wiring! I ended up installing a harness from a 77 that I got for free! I have all the dura spark crap but couldnt make it work so I want back to the old stuff, witch works real good with the ignitorII!! you can also see My ultra cush 95 EB bronco seats!!
P8280121.jpg

New Reman tranny from checkers!
P8230027.jpg

Last edited: