• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock-look tire carrier.

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
Posting these pictures of my bumper\tire carrier for 73NY. Need any other information?

- Steve

Attachments

• BroncoBumper2 005.jpg
    BroncoBumper2 005.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 164
  • BroncoBumper2 006.jpg
    BroncoBumper2 006.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 146
  • BroncoBumper2 007.jpg
    BroncoBumper2 007.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 167
  • BroncoBumper2 008.jpg
    BroncoBumper2 008.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 136
  • BroncoBumper2 009.jpg
    BroncoBumper2 009.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 158
  • BroncoBumper2 010.jpg
    BroncoBumper2 010.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 150

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
That looks pretty snazzy. I like that it keeps the stock bumper look. Obviously, you have to reinforce the stock bumper with square tubing on the inside, but it works. I like the bumper tire carriers that are out, but never like the "tube" look.

67Stallion

Loc.
Missoula,Montana
I like it, very slick, did you move the bumper out a couple inches? do you have a body lift? You into it a couple hundred? I was going to try and make something too and use stock bumper!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
That's slick. I like the stock look but why have it pivot on the driver's side? It covers the plate bracket and if it opened in traffic could wack an oncoming car. It's probably better to wack a parked car.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Pretty cool. I like the stock look. Friend of mine is looking to keep his stock bumpers and needs a tire carrier. Mind if I copy you design?

OP
OP
AWS

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
It's what I used to run on the front. Years ago I got tired of bending back the corners of the front bumper so I hid the 1 1/2" x 3" solid bar behind it. And since I redesigned the front bumper this past fall, I switched everything to the back and added the tire carrier. The extra weight helps in the back and plus it'll keep those little rice burners outa my fuel tank! Yes 2" body lift, opens on the drivers side so I can see traffic coming up on the right rear corner.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
Looks almost exactly like what I have had in mind to do for years....I like it!

OP
OP
AWS

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
My plans are to make some detatchable pin points for a wire basket to throw wet waders / hipboots into.

nrramse

I like this too. The solid steel bar - how is that connected to the frame? I guess you used an arc welder to attach the hinge?

Newell

OP
OP
AWS

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
That looks to be just plain ole mild steel too? Right AWS :cool:

Ben

It's a Case bulldozer drawbar, smack it with a hammer and it rings, plus it helped me win a fight my bronco had with a 78 GM product.
Steve

73ny

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New York
I just saw this post-That looks Great! Excellent idea. Stock bumpers look cool, but I'm not too fond of the stock tire carrier I have. This a cool idea! Thanks for the pics....