• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roadster Barn Find!

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok- it's not a true "Barn Find". It was in a steel shed, and most of the Minnesota Bronco club knew it was there..... So it wasn't too hard to find.

Ok- it's not a Roadster, but the door handles have been shaved, as have the door locks and window frames giving it that Roadster look :cool:.

Thanks Dave for the opportunity to buy your project! Dave has all the hard work done already. Frenched in steel front fender lips into the rear quarters. Rebuilt 351W that sounds sweeeeet, and a rebuilt C4.

Can't wait to get this thing RED, and on the road!

Attachments

• DSC01841s.JPG
    DSC01841s.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC01842s.JPG
    DSC01842s.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC01845s.JPG
    DSC01845s.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC01846s.JPG
    DSC01846s.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC01847s.JPG
    DSC01847s.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC01848s.JPG
    DSC01848s.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC01851s.JPG
    DSC01851s.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC01852s.JPG
    DSC01852s.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC01854s.JPG
    DSC01854s.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC01857s.JPG
    DSC01857s.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 136

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Awesome! Love the look of the doors, are you using a popper kit? If so, can you share some pics of the setup? I've had a kit sitting in my garage for over a year waiting for me to bite the bullet.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Ok- it's not a true "Barn Find". It was in a steel shed, and most of the Minnesota Bronco club knew it was there..... So it wasn't too hard to find.

Ok- it's not a Roadster, but the door handles have been shaved, as have the door locks and window frames giving it that Roadster look :cool:.

So basicaly you've lied to us? ;D

JK - nice find!

Heus - I put poppers on my '66. Pretty easy install. Just that they are a pain if the battery goes dead! I've crawled in from the rear on several occasions . . .

Kurt

Loc.
Badger State
Wow...... You must have caught Dave on the right day. I really hope you don't flip this one.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
So basicaly you've lied to us? ;D

JK - nice find!

Heus - I put poppers on my '66. Pretty easy install. Just that they are a pain if the battery goes dead! I've crawled in from the rear on several occasions . . .

Hey Scoop - can you send me a few pics of where you mounted everything? tommy25@gmail.com

Thanks!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Awesome! Love the look of the doors, are you using a popper kit? If so, can you share some pics of the setup? I've had a kit sitting in my garage for over a year waiting for me to bite the bullet.

No need for the popper. The bronco doors are light and the weather-stripping will pop the door out. All you need is the release mechanism.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
No need for the popper. The bronco doors are light and the weather-stripping will pop the door out. All you need is the release mechanism.

I don't have all my weatherstripping. I've already got the poppers, just curious where everything got mounted up.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I don't have all my weatherstripping. I've already got the poppers, just curious where everything got mounted up.

Well get it all. I have it all except for under the door. I cut that part off. it still pops open.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

But mine pops open with authority! ;D

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Awesome! Love the look of the doors, are you using a popper kit?

No poppers yet- It's only sitting on 31's with stock suspension, so the reach-in isn't too bad. I'll have to research the best way to get the doors open.