• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rare / Strange Bronco Images Bronco Buster, conway Twitty, Etc.

Bubbason

Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
These are not really of anyone famous but the pics are pretty rare. These guys used to race Broncos in sand drags all over the southeast. The Bronco was named the Freight Train because it was built from pieces of a Bronco hit by a train. Apparently they were pretty competitive back in the day.

In this shot you can see a street driven version of the Freight Train along with the racer. The panel painted Bronco belonged to the shop owners brother.

3695999565_8d535798a7_b.jpg

Armstrong TruTracs and Wrangler XT's, that brings back memories.;D

offroadaction

Loc.
Kamloops, BC
Thanks for the linkback Willtel. I hope nobody minds me using some of the photos that they have posted here. I have made sure to reference CB threads any time I have posted info and photos from here.

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
Fantastic shot of the Bronco, Wes. That's a very rare image of the Stove with Loomis/Wright.

Checked out the various photos on that guy's site. I'm guessing he did the original K Bar S shots in his gallery too? I'd love to have copies of his stuff but I don't like his prices :-(.

Todd Z.

Is that from Jay Moores' site? He was was friends with John and Hal and also was in charge of the radio's on the Thunder racing team starting in 82. He has a ton of race bronco photo's. He is a very nice guy and I bet with a couple dollar you can buy more pix of the Stroppe bronco's.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Is that from Jay Moores' site? He was was friends with John and Hal and also was in charge of the radio's on the Thunder racing team starting in 82. He has a ton of race bronco photo's. He is a very nice guy and I bet with a couple dollar you can buy more pix of the Stroppe bronco's.

Yes, it was from Jay Moore's site. Ken told me about him soon after I saw the site. Looks like tons of cool shots there.

Todd Z.

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
Yes, it was from Jay Moore's site. Ken told me about him soon after I saw the site. Looks like tons of cool shots there.

Todd Z.

Wouldn't you love to see what he has that isn't posted? He told me he had a bunch that were still in Neg form.

Bundy

Bronco Guru
This thread is chock full of reasons i am glad i didn't buy a heep or a TLC.

great pics guys, so much history!