• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Grinnin like a mule eatin briars

Revelation

Bronco Guru
As most of you know for the past 3 years I have been slowly working away on chipper, still have alot to do but it is progressing.
Today we completed a 2 year project, rebuilt a 74 from the ground up, a year and a half was halted when my Uncle was diagnosed with cancer and had to go thru surgery and treatment for the cancer, he also had a mishap working on Chipper that nearly cost him vision in one eye. I am happy to say he is cancer free and able to get back wrenching on Bronco's. Still working with the eye issue but healing fast. After all that was endured thru this project my Uncle is rather proud of this one, certianly not his first build, and surly not his last
This project came in as a rebuild project. it was tired, the body was tweaked, doors did not open or close right, the gaps were way off. During the disassemble we discovered many issues, Body mount under battery tray had been repaired poorly, frame locations for the body mounts were in poor shape, and the big discovery, the body had been spliced, right behind the front seats. The splice was done rather poorly by a body shop and the door openings were way off, the right quarter was leaning out about 1/2 inch. Major issues.
Fast forward to today, for the first time in about 18 years I was behind the wheel of an Early Bronco going down the road, What a feeling, i cannot wait to get chipper done so I can drive one on a daily basis. but as test drives go this one went smooth as can be. No issues were found, And it was great to be behind the wheel of a Bronco once again, reminding me why I love them so much.
Here are a few of the "Completed" pictures, i did not take many progress pics as I was busy working away on Chipper, lendin a hand on Red whenever needed.

Attachments

• DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCF0016.JPG
    DSCF0016.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCF0022.JPG
    DSCF0022.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 273
OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
This day just keeps getting better, Mom was going thru some old pictures and pulled out a picture of my first Bronco, it was a 72, 302 3 spd, BB 9" D-44. Not even a rear seat till I put one in. Bare bones she was but she was AWESOME!!

Attachments

• My Old 72 (3) (Medium).JPG
    My Old 72 (3) (Medium).JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 48

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I love what you did to the inside of the hood... gonna steal that idea. What are the 4 hoses/tubing going into the passenger side air intake?

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I love what you did to the inside of the hood... gonna steal that idea. What are the 4 hoses/tubing going into the passenger side air intake?

Those are for the aftermarket A/C-Heater combo.
The inside of the hood did turn out good. i am not crazy about the red on red, but it is not mine so.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Bryan that is awesome!! Talk about motivation......nothing will motivate you more than getting behind the wheel of a rig like that!! Very happy for you and your uncle after all that both of you have been through over the past few years. Now get Chipper done!!