• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best place to run speaker wires

Vintage Steel

Loc.
Post Falls, ID
I'm putting 4 speakers on the rear of my 69 in the side panels. what is the best way to run the speaker wires as there is no wire channel inside. has to look clean and tidy. any tricks? advice?

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Mine go out through the firewall, tied to the loom on the frame, then in the corners at the tailgate.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Under the rig here too. If you have carpet you could snake them under it as well.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I have the opposite opinion, I for one would never run speaker wire under the body. In most cases speaker wire is pretty thin, it isn't to hard to find a low profile channel to hide the wires

Larry B

Loc.
Medford
I ran mine over head, up the window frame with the wiper wires and over the head liner and down to the speakers. I did it with a rewire job.
really tight going through the window frame. Seems to work good and wires are out of sight but really a real pain to butt too do. I will find an easier route if I ever do it agine.

OP
OP
V

Vintage Steel

Loc.
Post Falls, ID
I ran mine over head, up the window frame with the wiper wires and over the head liner and down to the speakers. I did it with a rewire job.
really tight going through the window frame. Seems to work good and wires are out of sight but really a real pain to butt too do. I will find an easier route if I ever do it agine.
check, don't do that
I don't like running them on the frame and I don't have carpet.
I guess I'll have to run a conduit under or build a wire channel inside.
I'm fairly anal when it cones to wiring. I guess I'll have to get creative.

Durtymax

I bent up some 3/8" brake line to follow the shape of the floor boards from the head unit to the back and then up to the speakers. It looks pretty trick and it is tough. I just used the same little straps that hold the brake lines onto the frame to hold it to the floor.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I was going to suggest the 3/8"s line trick. It would look fairly inconspicous and be very durable. It would also be easy to snake new wire through. Remember to keep speaker wire and regular powered (vehicle wires) as separate as possible to keep the 'noise' and feedback to a minimum.

souperdave

Has anyone run speaker wire to door speakers? I have a 76 Bronco. As we all know, the early broncos didn't come with stock door speakers. I want to put 5.25" components in the doors, but running speaker wire to a door that doesn't have any existing wiring is a little tricky. Further, when the door is opened as far as the door straps allow, there is about 6-8 inches of space between the door and the body. So, the wire, however run, will have to extend out when the door is opened and collapse back when the door is closed. Anyone figure out a better way? I've heard of running the wire along the door straps in some kind of tubing or hose and I've heard of the wireless contacts. Any ideas or tips would be MUCH appreciated.

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
my speaker wires lays right on the floor, head unit in dash, down the center tunnel along shifter box to under seats, exits under rear outer corner of seats to behind striker posts and back to rear speakers in quarterpanel. The only exposed wire is where it crosses along the floor behind the seat to the striker post.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I always have mine run from the radio to the speakers. Seems to work best that way.