• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Bronco throttle Cable Install

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"We developed this throttle cable kit especially for carbureted Early Broncos with a 4 brl.carb. This kit affords precise throttle control beyond that of the stock mechanical linkage. Includes cable, mounting brackets, hardware, wedge washers and instructions."

*Note, This upgrade requires no skill ;D *

I was frustrated with the old mechanical bell crank linkage, so I forked over some money to BC's for their Throttle Cable. Simple half hour job! Looks good too.

Check out my before and after pics:

Attachments

• DSC04426.JPG
    DSC04426.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 666
  • DSC04427.JPG
    DSC04427.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 607
  • DSC04428.JPG
    DSC04428.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 536
  • DSC04429.JPG
    DSC04429.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 777
  • DSC04430.JPG
    DSC04430.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 698
  • DSC04432.JPG
    DSC04432.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 647

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
How different from the Lokar kit is it, just curious? I'm leaning towards the throttle cable kick down combo my self, sure looks cleaner then the bell crank and rods.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I installed one of these about five years ago and love it. I never could get my stock linkage to work all that well after I put the body lift on.

tcb42

I installed one of these about five years ago and love it. I never could get my stock linkage to work all that well after I put the body lift on.

I put mine on about 4 yrs ago and love it. Why Ford over engineered that set up is beyond me. Really smooth too.

badasstrapper

looks to be about twice as long as it needs to be. It still works smooth with that that loop?

badasstrapper

Getting ready to install a new motor with a four barrel I just might have to get one of these. Looks like it cleans up the fire wall a little also

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I need to look into that.. that may be better than what I have on my 4BT .. And the length is slightly longer on the diesel.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
I'm curious too, if it was made for a Bronco, I would think it would be a better fit!? Am I wrong? I still like the idea, and sure does clean it up a lot. I heard of people using the cables from Ford Ranger's but never seen one installed, wonder if there shorter then that?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I cut my BC cable to make it shorter. they are a bit long. be careful if you cut. they are tricky to get back together