• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

vin # location?

griff72sport

Loc.
pensacola,fl
I have a good vin tag in the glove box, but where exactly is the 2nd number? All I could find in threads is " on the frame below the firewall ". Is it inside the rail, on top of the rail, driver or passenger side? Any input greatly appreciated.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I have a good vin tag in the glove box, but where exactly is the 2nd number? All I could find in threads is " on the frame below the firewall ". Is it inside the rail, on top of the rail, driver or passenger side? Any input greatly appreciated.

On top of the frame rail, near the starter on passenger side. You may need a wire brush or something to clean it off to read it.

There is also another location on the frame, but it's under the body, on top of the frame rail.

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
yea, it is basicly on the top of the frame, right under the beginning of the floor board, just about even with the body floor line... you will have to use a mirror, ... the second one is about ten inches back from there , on the passenger side, also on top of the frame rail .

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Here's a pic to help. The cleaned off area right behind the hole is where the VIN is. I don't currently have the front sheet metal on, so it's somewhat easy to find and see. That piece of metal sticking out ~1" on the tub above it is where the inner fenders mount to the tub. As you can tell, if the front sheet metal is on, especially with inner fenders, it'll be next to impossible to find and read it.

IMG_5455.JPG

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
VIN# on a 77 frame..

Attachments

• vin-rear.jpg
    vin-rear.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 219