• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me your best mod to your Bronco that is unique

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
I have seen some really tricked out Broncos. A lot of their parts are homemade. If you have done something that is truly unique show us. I am dying to see what is possible with a Bronco. I don't care what it is, as long as it is unique.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Stainless floors, cowl, firewall and kick panels.

021120106.jpg

Bed020620104Medium.jpg

vintage bronco

thats sweet ! how about making a complete tub from stainless steel ? that would put an end to rust. LOL

Revelation

Bronco Guru
thats sweet ! how about making a complete tub from stainless steel ? that would put an end to rust. LOL

We had to do just the floors on mine to get a feel for it, would have done more but situation dictates that I get this done sooner. So far we have learned alot about it. And there are no welds on any of the stainless, all are connected with Stainless rivets so adding more will be a snap!

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
We had to do just the floors on mine to get a feel for it, would have done more but situation dictates that I get this done sooner. So far we have learned alot about it. And there are no welds on any of the stainless, all are connected with Stainless rivets so adding more will be a snap!

Could you have used in addition with the rivets some Auto body panel adhesive? It does look good!

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Could you have used in addition with the rivets some Auto body panel adhesive? It does look good!
Autobody panel adhesive? Is that not what part of the Bronco rust problem is? I used 3M Marine seam sealant/Adhesive;D

j.blakeslee

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NASSUA NY
Lov'n the stainless..... Here a few pic's of the diamond plate inserts i made...

Attachments

• PA110092 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    PA110092 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 319
  • PA120095 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    PA120095 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 335
  • PA140103 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    PA140103 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 342
  • PB220039 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    PB220039 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 477

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Custom roll pan

Can you make this for the front? I have a huge gap between the grill and bumper due to the body lift. Lift is necessary because of the fiberglass tub...its a long story but I'm stuck with it. I can send a pic of what I'm talking about. A few MEB'ers have made suggestions but that's as far as we've gotten.

What's the pan made out of? aluminum? plastic?

Baja71

Bronco Guru
High powered Jake & Elwood sound system for beach cruising.

Attachments

• DSC00779 copyBB copyB.JPG
    DSC00779 copyBB copyB.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 403

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Can you make this for the front? I have a huge gap between the grill and bumper due to the body lift. Lift is necessary because of the fiberglass tub...its a long story but I'm stuck with it. I can send a pic of what I'm talking about. A few MEB'ers have made suggestions but that's as far as we've gotten.

What's the pan made out of? aluminum? plastic?

The pan is steel and was originally for a 64-66 F150. I chopped off about 8 3/4" and made a few "modifications" to the remaining pan. Of course the frame horns had to be cut flush with the gas tank in order for everything to line up correctly. Welded in the sides for a smooth finish.

There's more info in my build thread: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123750

I wanted to make one for the front to match but honestly I just haven't taken the plunge yet. Id imagine you can fab up a "spacer" piece to fill your body gap issue but I wanted to cut down my front frame horns and finish off the front grill (where its been clearanced for the frame) to match the rear. I just can't wrap my mind around how to make it work without having part of the frame horn still sticking out from the bottom... I need to get a spare grill to practice on.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I like my rear quarter panels.

Attachments

• P1010007_3.JPG
    P1010007_3.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 595

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm pretty certain that my 400 'C' engine installation was unique when I first did it in '03. Lot of copy cats since then though...%)
.:cool:

I'm also pretty sure that our current EB build with a '49 Ford flathead V-8, supercharged and MPFI, is unique.....and I'm also betting that nobody copies this one any time soon.;D

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Revelation, you're an animal! That looks fantastic. :cool: