• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Fire Truck?

offroadaction

Loc.
Kamloops, BC
Have any of you seen this Bronco Bush Fire Truck or any others? I am looking for some information. I have contacted the Old Dominion Historical Fire Society and am waiting on a response.

More Photos at http://offroadaction.ca/ford-bronco-fire-truck

250.jpg

Last edited:

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
I have this one saved but thats a new one on me. I have thought of doing mine as a brush truck. Kinda fitting with my job, maybe if I get another one to play with I'll do it.

Attachments

• Bronco%20Fire%20Truck.jpg
    Bronco%20Fire%20Truck.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 163
OP
OP
offroadaction

offroadaction

Loc.
Kamloops, BC
Thanks guys...I was so excited when I saw it!

ochretoe, thanks for the photo! I searched high and low for Bronco fire truck photos. It is easy to find Jeep based ones...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
yeah it's nice, seen it before, but it was probably on here

Heus33

Bronco Guru
My first bronco was owned by a fire station in Iowa. By the time I got it it had changed hands a number of times and looked like any other bronco. I can only dream that at one point back in the day it looked like that one!

cody72sport

thats awesome!! i just finished up wildland fire training, maybe i should do mine up like that

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Around 1986 or 87 I seen a "Fire Bronco" when I was stationed at Patuxent River NAS in Southern Maryland. It was sitting on the showroom floor of Aldridge Ford in Lexington Park. If I remember correctly, they wanted $14,000.00 for it. I wonder if this is the same rig????

Ned

Loc.
Hollywood Beach
That is soo cool! For some reason I think service vehicles are just neat in general, it doesnt matter if it is for the forest service or the fire station. One of my neighbors has a bronco, I think it is an 89 or 90. I have only seen it driven once. It is painted that weird government green, it has a beige fibeglass top and a hole on the A piller where a light use to be mounted.
-
The truck doesnt fit the person, BFG mud terains, and a little old lady that looks about 80 who is driving it, got to admit I hope my wife keeps up the legacy when I am gone!

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
thats awesome!! i just finished up wildland fire training, maybe i should do mine up like that

S-190 or 192 or one of the Federal classes? I was over the West Tn. wildfire team till I broke my back last winter. Be carefull out there. I'll send you a really cool live video of a shelter deployment that went just like it was suppose to. Really cool to see them walking out of the black.

NCSUWoj

Loc.
Lynchburg, VA
truck

I saw that truck several years ago at the all ford show in Carlisle. Pretty neat when it comes down to it, check out the sprinklers on the front bumper!!

Attachments

• DSC01075.JPG
    DSC01075.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01076.JPG
    DSC01076.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01084.JPG
    DSC01084.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC01077.JPG
    DSC01077.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 38

cody72sport

S-190 or 192 or one of the Federal classes? I was over the West Tn. wildfire team till I broke my back last winter. Be carefull out there. I'll send you a really cool live video of a shelter deployment that went just like it was suppose to. Really cool to see them walking out of the black.

yeah i just finished s 191, 190 and the fema basic training, the unit im trying to get into has hummers, i spent a whole day wheeling with them it was a blast. how did you hurt your back? thats rough. i pm'd my email to ya