• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TN Not mine... Special and very rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Is it...?

1968 Bronco Sport Sportsman Special (very rare)

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Is it...?

1968 Bronco Sport Sportsman Special (very rare)

No such thing from the factory. Either some small company done some mods to it, or some individual did and slapped some stickers on it. I wouldn't pay more for it because of it having those few mods.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
"This Bronco has...light bar which is missing"

Interesting selling strategy. If I ever sell mine it's going to have a Boss 429 which is missing.

KuttySark

Loc.
Southern California
No such thing from the factory. Either some small company done some mods to it, or some individual did and slapped some stickers on it. I wouldn't pay more for it because of it having those few mods.

Incorrect. This was a special package offered by Ford dealers in a few states, specific to 1968.

I've actually been looking for one for the last 10 years or so. As to how rare it is? I've found more Stroppes that the owners didnt know were Bajas than I've found Sportsman Specials.

I currently know of one in Colorado (several have shown up there) and one from Minnesota (which was sold on eBay to someone in California back in 2005. There's another that was for sale in Washington in August of last year. Not sure what happened to it.

The special features included the obvious badging, but also a gun rack / fishing rod holder, roof rack, extra chrome bits, and possibly other options.

Another package specific to certain dealers in certain states was the "Northland Package." Do a search here for more information on that.

To the poster who found this - very cool, and thank you for taking the time to post it. I would have missed it.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Thats a pretty cool package, I think there are still quite a few Bronco owners and Broncos used for hunting still. Would be a need trim pack for an avid hunter to have.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Incorrect. This was a special package offered by Ford dealers in a few states, specific to 1968.

I've actually been looking for one for the last 10 years or so. As to how rare it is? I've found more Stroppes that the owners didnt know were Bajas than I've found Sportsman Specials.

I currently know of one in Colorado (several have shown up there) and one from Minnesota (which was sold on eBay to someone in California back in 2005. There's another that was for sale in Washington in August of last year. Not sure what happened to it.

The special features included the obvious badging, but also a gun rack / fishing rod holder, roof rack, extra chrome bits, and possibly other options.

Another package specific to certain dealers in certain states was the "Northland Package." Do a search here for more information on that.

To the poster who found this - very cool, and thank you for taking the time to post it. I would have missed it.

I stand corrected. These must be extremely rare. I don't ever remember seeing one, and didn't know of this until now.

OP
OP
rustyeb

rustyeb

Loc.
Leiper's Fork, TN

I was wondering if it was for real or not. Thought this would be the best place to find out.

KuttySark

Loc.
Southern California
I just want to make it clear that I dont think the Sportsman Specials should command any sort of added value based on the package. I simply love fishing and hunting, and love the idea of a truck being kitted out specifically for those purposes.

Now-a-days you see Nissan Xterras with kayak racks, Honda Elements that are meant to be washed out after surfing and hauling the dogs to the beach, or Ford Raptors meant for doing airborne burner backflip endo donuts.

With the Sportsman Special Ford was saying "Here, use this, go out and KILL something." That's fantastic.

Imagine what PETA would do if, tomorrow, Ford put out an F-150 marketed specifically for hunting and fishing?

washington.jpg

california.jpg

I'm not sure if that big PTO bumper on the yellow truck was part of the package or not. It makes sense that it would be, but it's the only one I've seen with the PTO bumper.

badge.jpg

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice work Kutty on all the info. Here is a better look at the Embem.

Blue71

Attachments

• IMG00035-20090816-1911.jpg
    IMG00035-20090816-1911.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 242

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Funny NGA and Bax:) Hey guys, No that's just a pic that someone sent me at some point and time. I just had it on file. Guess I didn't word it correctly in the other post. Sorry bought that. Its actually the same Bronco in Kutty's pic. Sorry bout that Dan. I do have a few more pics of it if you want them though. Let me know.

Blue71

bax

Contributor
Old Member
That's crap, we know you got one somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.