• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NY 1969 U14 Half Cab - Not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
1969 U14 Half Cab
It belongs to a guy who lives near me and builds Broncos. He's built a very high dollar rig that is simply amazing and is in the process of building a true U13 roadster so this guy knows his stuff.

Here's what I know about it. If you're interested PM me and I'll give you his phone number.

This is only what I know so you'll want to verify this info with the buyer.

1969 Bronco U14 Half cab
Bikini top and half cab (but I dont think the half cab has been painted but it probably could be).
8 cylinder 302 ci engine w/ Holly carb, Automatic C4 transmission
Power steering
Looks like 31"A/T tires
5X,XXX miles
Paint is nice - has matching blue linex on the tub too.
Tailgate is new and the front floor pans have been replaced, I think rockers are new too.

He put in the 302 and C4 in place of the original six and 3 spd manual.

The bulkhead has been modified to fit the roll bar - there are two relief cuts to allow the roll bar to mount.

I've been around this truck a few times - its really nice - not a show quality truck but a very very very nice rig and worth the money in my opinion. Could use a little TLC - maybe new seats but other than that its ready to roll!

I just saw it again today. Idles real smooth and quiet - would make a great truck for anyone. I would have purchased this for my DD but I am looking for a fiberglass truck. He'd like to sell it before the weather gets too cold - making room for another project. $9,000 takes it.
If I were to buy this I'd get a stereo in there and probably new seats and run it as-is.

Attachments

• IMG_0797.jpg
    IMG_0797.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 652
  • IMG_0798.jpg
    IMG_0798.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_0800.jpg
    IMG_0800.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 645
  • IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 672

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
Looks really good. I want $15k for mine. And it is a 66 U14 with alot of non factory parts.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
It was, when I was looking. I should have bought this Bronco, could save me quite a few bucks.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
If I were Jason aka anmpharm I would but this Bronco an drive it until I find the one I want. That way I would certainly know whether I liked driving old Broncos without spending too much mula. A couple of changes to this Bronco and it'll get back the $9000.00 or more

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Nice, but the half cab will not go on with that rollbar on there like that.

You are right - if you took the half cab from him that roll bar would have to be removed.

I feel like this truck was posted not too long ago.

It was - back in June I posted it for $10k. He wants to sell it before the winter hits so I just relisted it. I saw him yesterday and told him I'd put it back up at $9k obo.

He doesn't have the room to store it for the winter so take that as a hint and make the guy an offer!

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
What are the negatives to the Bronco or are there any?

Well I haven't driven it but I have heard it run so I can't say how well it goes or stops. Does have manual brakes though (dont remember if it was a D30 with drums in the front though).

I'm pretty picky about my stuff. If I were to purchase this one here's what I'd do to it.
- Replace the carpet and the seats
- Clean up some of the interior screws - the truck does sit outside so some of the screw are starting to get some surface rust on them.
- Clean up underneath a bit - looks like there is a lot of undercoating on there - I didn't crawl under but I'd spend some time under there. Everything looked solid to me though. I know he put on new rockers and new front floor pans before he painted it.
- The paint had a few parts that looked like they were touched up. Paint looks great though - metallic with base/clear
- The door hinges are tight, making the doors a little hard to close. Just have to slam them - they don't sag or anything, just very tight.
- I'd put a stereo in it - looks like they doors were already cut for some 5.25" speakers.
- I'd have him put the half cab back on and remove the roll bar and rear seat or put a full top on. The bed rails are not drilled though, still a virgin U14. He did notch the bulkhead for the roll bar to fit so I'd probably make sure that didn't interfere with the half cab or have him repair those notches back to its original setup.

I think that would be it. Probably $1,000 for interior stuff to get it where I'd want it. Maybe change the wheels/tires to something stock-ish like a nice set of sots with some 32s and a 1"BL - that would look GREAT.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
TTT - happy to go and take more pics or a video test drive if there's a serious buyer out there.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Looks like it would be a great rig for someone. Luv the look

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Yep still for sale as far as I know - not much local interest appearently.

Status
Not open for further replies.