• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

B.c. Bronco soft top

buckn67

Loc.
Brewton, AL
Has any of you guys used one of the 1400.00 tops from b.c. Broncos . They look cool, but are they worth the dough? Thought about using one for the summer, and swithing back to hard top in winter. Any opinions?

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Why switch back? Soft top gives you more insulation than an un-insulated hard top.
I have seen Chucks top and it does look good, Don't own one so That is all I can say about it.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
The frame work is nice and the door seal part is super sweet! But when the top comes off all that stays there? Seems like a huge drawback for me, pretty ugly, might as well just keep a hard top on! The multiple colors are a big draw for some guys. Bestop has a new design for the jeeps that has a better door frame like bc's does so im thinking they might do that for the bronco very soon.

All that frame work and that price tag is a huge turn off to me!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
The BCB top is a nice and sturdy top and probably worth the money if that's what you are looking for. But I would only get if I wanted it on permanently. If you are going to switch tops every 6 months I'd go with the Rampage or Bestop - both are easier to install and remove.

66fora69er

Contributor
I went to BC today and Jason walked me and a buddy around showing us a few things they were working on. they had an eb with one of thier hard top frames on it and you can grab that frame and shake the whole truck. it is solid. this one did not have the soft top on it yet and I thought it looked pretty good. It is a quality top, frame and canvas. you get what you pay for more often than not. JMO

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The BCB top is a nice and sturdy top and probably worth the money if that's what you are looking for. But I would only get if I wanted it on permanently. If you are going to switch tops every 6 months I'd go with the Rampage or Bestop - both are easier to install and remove.

X2 on that! Do what's right for your style of driving.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Could someone correct me if I am wrong, but did they not just increase the price of this particular soft top? I thought it was $1,200 a few months ago?

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Unfortunately it has always been too costly. See old threads. I have yet to find anyone that can build the parts for less than I pay now and I don't make enough on them now but they hae not gone up. So far my cost has not gone up either.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Unfortunately it has always been too costly. See old threads. I have yet to find anyone that can build the parts for less than I pay now and I don't make enough on them now but they hae not gone up. So far my cost has not gone up either.

Thx for the response Chuck, best to get it from the bronco's mouth! I have sold lots of parts to make it easier to buy your top. In the coming yrs, the wife is making me have another kid and I'm slated for another tour in the sandbox. These 2 things will happen before I can purchase it! Priorities huh! When I get back you will be the second person I will call!!!

Quick question, do you sell the canvas parts seperately? A friend of mine had his EB soft top shredded by a thief. I was curious if you had that happen.

Thx again Chuck!

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Look at it this way, you could prob get a cheaper top thats made in china but all you would be doing is throwing your money away and when you have a problem with it you want get any customer support as you would with BCB. If you want a good top buy Chucks, its a quality product, plus you will be supporting an American company that supports the Bronco community.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
If you want a Best Top for your bronco you better get it soon. The word is they will not be making them anymore. Then you will only have two choices BC top or Rampage!
Chucks top is nice if you always want some kind of top on but if you want it totally topless the Best Top or Rampage is the way to go.

I wish a company would make replacement skins for the old STC tops in multiple colors and fabrics. The hardware is solid but the skins just get beat! And how many old STC and Kayline tops are out there???? Alot!!!

Passauf

pricing

I thought Chuck was working up a mass buy or extending the Christmas discount so all of us poor boys can pimp his great top.......Chuck ???

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Chuck,

I would be interested in one if you approved a "mass-buy". The Wife has been very hesitant to let me buy a soft top and keeps asking when the last one I paid for is going to arrive. (Saddle-up)

Last edited:

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If I were going with a soft top...I personally would want one so that I can have a convertible. All the hardware stays on the B.C Top so you arent really getting a convertible. If that's what you want...then that's the top for you. If you wanna drop the top and wanna go topless...Rampage, or Bestop would be my choice. Rampage is the easiest to get up and down in my opinion.

Blue71

Passauf

pricing

Anybody hear from Chuck on his mass buy price or discount plans ?? I am ready to pull the trigger

Amac70

ME
the guy just told you he doesn't make enough money on the top and you guys want to squeeze him for a few more dollars. Sack up and pay the man what he wants.

Passauf

sack up....I actually am trying to help him generate some business due to the beating he has been taking here over the gasket issue...you may not know the concept of selling more at a discount.....are you approved to use such big words...it is nice to see you come out of your mothers basement into the light but please keep your hands to yourself

Last edited:

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Chucks top looks great! I saw it once on a Bronco in traffic, I almost didn't recognize it was a Bronco and did a double take.

Rampage, = CRAP! That's the nicest 4 letter word I can think of to describe the quality of their top. I wish someone would have told me before I drilled into my body, installed it, then sold.

Just my 2cents.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Quick question, do you sell the canvas parts seperately? A friend of mine had his EB soft top shredded by a thief. I was curious if you had that happen.

Thx again Chuck!
When I contracted with the top shop that was part of the deal. The top shop will make just one of any of the 4 parts of the top canvas. The idea was the sides could be replaced if damaged or if someone wanted to mix colors like blue top white sides and rear. I have a bold spot so don't like the whole top off but I do like the open feel. I racked my brain to make a top that wouldn't rattle and did not have a bow going through the side window. I made it on most of it but was never able to get a top to fold down and not rattle. 12 bolts will remove the top, that is the best I can do.
PS, to cut the cost so I can have a mass buy I would have to order 500 canvas, that would cut the cost $100 per top. I will buy 100 so we need to mass buy 400. As I have sold about 100 tops total I don't see that happening. From past experence with mass buys we would have to have about 800 people commit to buy tops to end up with 400 people sending their money. I don't see that happening either.

Amac70

ME
sack up....I actually am trying to help him generate some business due to the beating he has been taking here over the gasket issue...you may not know the concept of selling more at a discount.....are you approved to use such big words...it is nice to see you come out of your mothers basement into the light but please keep your hands to yourself

ah blow me. why the personal attack. did i attack anyone. i stated the obvious. i know certain items will never be money makers. sometimes you got to pay to get these items. being a small buisness owner i get tired of everybody trying to lowball people. Now have you ever heard "Any publicity is good publicity, be it good or bad." That stupid little gasket issue brought a lot of attention his way. And only re-enforced the people who buy from chuck and who don't buy from chuck I doubt it will cost him any substacial long term buisness. there are only so many bronco specific vendors, so even if you don't like one in the long run you will probably still do buisness with them at some point.