• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Expedition Second Row Seats

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So, it looks like I'll be needing to accommodate 2 kiddos now, and I started to look at what other had done for the rear seat. Does anyone have pictures of these seats installed, and comments on how you like them?

Just the center section of this photo x2

369_0509_Intz_Review_2006_Ford_Expedition+2006_Ford_Expedition+Seating_View.jpg

77BroncoWag had this picture, but I didn't see his installed.

attachment.php

Last edited:

75 Ranger

Not only the width, but it looks like it folds and maybe pivots forward.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Congrats Parker!! I bet Adrienne is excited!! I have never seen this idea before but I love it and think it is definitely do-able. I may look into it myself.

hammer

Bronco Guru
Here's mine. 3rd row seats from a '10 Dodge Journey. Bottom is a bench all the way across and the backs are two separate units that fold down independent of each other. Fronts are '10 ranger 60/40 split bench. Paid $300 for all 4 seats from the wreckers

IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_2975.jpg

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats Parker.;)

I think those seats would work perfect. I also really like Hammers seats, wish I could find a combo like that.

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got my seats today! These are awesome! They have integrated sliders and fold flat. they do not, unfortunately flip forward, but I think I can live with it. I'll post more pics as I make progress. I need to figure out how to bolt them down. I can reuse one seat belt hole on each side, but that puts the passenger seat 1" further right than the driver's side, due to the track being mounted 1" inboard of the driver's side track.

As an added bonus, these have the latch system kid seat tether points in them!

6342f3ec.jpg

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Got my seats today! These are awesome! They have integrated sliders and fold flat. they do not, unfortunately flip forward, but I think I can live with it. I'll post more pics as I make progress. I need to figure out how to bolt them down. I can reuse one seat belt hole on each side, but that puts the passenger seat 1" further right than the driver's side, due to the track being mounted 1" inboard of the driver's side track.

As an added bonus, these have the latch system kid seat tether points in them!

6342f3ec.jpg

The latch system is money!

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did a little work on the rear seats today. Here is a shot of what the bottom of the seat tracks look like. There is a peg on the top right of the picture that is used to locate the seat in the expedition. My bronco already has enough holes in the tub, so I ground it off.

Also, the back mount would interfere with the seat next to it, so I cut it off of both seats. Also reduces the bolt count to 6 per seat. Normally, I'd think 6 is overkill, however, since the seat belts and kid seat mounts are integrated, I think 6 is better than just 4.

Before:
73d39745.jpg

After:
242eb769.jpg

I'm figuring on using fender washers above the track and under the bed. Grade 8 is probably more overkill, but 12 bolts and nuts are not going to break the bank.

I've also figure out I'm going to mount the seats with the rear driver's side outside mount about 3" forward of the seat belt mounting hole. This will give me plenty of room for stuff behind the seats as well as enough leg room. The sliders will allow me to gain about 12" of extra room when needed, and the seats fold flat if I've got a bigger load, or just want to leave them down.

For now, I'm going to put this on hold. I need to wire wheel my tub and put down some POR15. Then cover with peel-n-seal(poor man's dynomat) and carpet. Then the seats will go in permanently followed by the interior rear quarter panels.

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like I'm going to have to recover one of these seats in pink!

I'm about to have them mounted, and I think I can keep the toolbox on with the seats slid forward!

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got the seats installed today. I've read too many stories about drilling too far, so I started by removing the fuel tank :) I didn't take any pictures along the way, because there really isn't much to show. I didn't make any more adjustments to the seats since the last set of photos. I did reuse 8 of the stock bolts and backed them with fender washers and grade 5 nuts. The mounts on the sides are fastened with grade 5 bolts, washers and fender washers.

My mounts did not line up with the ribs in the bed, and this caused the sliders to torque, resulting in the driver's side being difficult to slide. I will have to shim it on the top side o level it out, but that is for another day.

All in all, I've very happy with how they look, feel and fit. The latch system IS money! I picked up an eddie bauer booster seat off craigslist for $20 and that will go in after I wash the cover.

Enough talking, here are the pictures:

P1000440.jpg

P1000441.jpg

P1000444.jpg

P1000442.jpg

P1000443.jpg

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I mounted them so that they would fold flat up against the front seats at the furthest forward. There is still leg room for children when up in the fully forward position. They are in the full forward position in the pictures. All the way back leaves a little room behind for storage and plenty of leg room for adults.