• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cage is in!

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Went with a Bronco Bob family cage (trimmed and tacked) and then had a local shop (Mild 2 Wild in Powder Springs) install it. Just got it back this morning.

Still need to paint it and get the grade 8 bolts for install but really psyched to have it in! What you guys think?

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Gerbow

Loc.
Jacksonville
Looks good. You changing glove box door?
My cross bar at the top of windshield is about half inch too close to wiper motor. I still need to put a notch so it will spin.
My E-Brake had to be bent a little to the right to clear my cage. Yours looks pretty close.

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Planning on leaving the glove box as is. I can get my fist closed through the opening so should be wide enough.

Hoping the windshield cover will clear the top bar haven't tried quite yet....

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Sliding glove box door mod is a must. YouI will get tired fishing in there without being able to see in.

Gerbow

Loc.
Jacksonville
Sliding glove box door mod is a must. YouI will get tired fishing in there without being able to see in.

Mp is right. Evenually you'll probably want to change that. I have the Tuffy love box door with the shorter door that opens all the way without hitting the cage.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great work, must be a low profile if the hard top fits on too ;)

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Prepping for paint....

Time to prep and paint the cage. Can't wait to run the Bronco without the hard top!

Man getting that hard top off is a pain in the ........:p

Self Etching Primer and Gloss Black Rustoleoum here we come....

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 348

4lofun

Nice looking topless eb;D yes, driving with no top is a good thing.

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
www.broncobob.com

Highly recommend the weld/trim option. They tack the cage in a jib and break it apart to save on shipping.

Don't forget the seat belt bungs too....

Khorne11

Loc.
Porterville, CA
Time to prep and paint the cage. Can't wait to run the Bronco without the hard top!

Man getting that hard top off is a pain in the ........:p

Self Etching Primer and Gloss Black Rustoleoum here we come....

Not sure if you want the expense but I had mine line-x and it was one of the better things I have done. I have rammed it with hi-lift jacks, tools, parts and not even a scratch. It also looks great and cost about $125 with a life time warranty. I love your cage!

bc1974

Looks great, would like to see how it looks with the top off too. Where is Bronco Bob located and is the price still reasonable with the shipping? Thanks Brian

jperry1290

How did you mount to the floor on the underside? It crosses over a floor brace. Please attach pics