• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2 Broncos Build Now 1

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have been acquiring and storing parts for 5+ years to build a dd for me and a Bronco for my son. Have about 2 of every thing needed to build 2 broncos . He is off to college now and has no interest in broncos all he wants to do is what they call hooking up, having sex and not even going steady or dating lol . So I am getting started on my dd. I have had a lot of help and ideas from members on here.Some work I have started but changed direction many times after seeing your builds on CB. I will be loading Some pics of where I am at with the build. Thank again for all your help, Keith

Attachments

• floor boards 001.jpg
    floor boards 001.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 226
  • SLOTS 002.jpg
    SLOTS 002.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
Well glad to see youre finally starting a build thread Keith!!! So, are you tearing into the red one now?? I dont often have a ton of spare time, but you've got my number if you need a hand..

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Look forward to seeing the progress. You going to make it to The Super Celebration in Townsend this year?

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Keith,
Glad to see you getting started. Looking forward to seeing you back on the streets in a bronco. You parted out a lot of stuff over the last 2 years..

Let me know if you need anything..
Brett

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dont worry that's what all the kids are doing these days! looking forward to your Bronco build!

OP
OP
DEEPWOODS

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't have a body off rotisserie and I want to under coat it with the raptor liner you can tint so I am having to clean and strip the bottom side the hard way on jack stands under it. I have replaced the driver and pass. floor pans and now trying to clean the bottom side. I have tried wire brushes on drills among other things and the old undercoating is a bitch to get off. I have less than 1/3 striped off in 3 long days in the last few weeks. It is really holding me back. To take a break I fabed up seat brackets for the new front seats to use the existing bronco seat mounting holes a big thanks to Ben aka Big Muddy for his help with pics.If you have any ideas how to get this crap off please let me know

Attachments

• floor pans 001.jpg
    floor pans 001.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 156
  • floor pans 002.jpg
    floor pans 002.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 153
OP
OP
DEEPWOODS

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
More pics

Attachments

• floor pans 003.jpg
    floor pans 003.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 179
  • floor pans 006.jpg
    floor pans 006.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 164
  • floor pans 007.jpg
    floor pans 007.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 165
  • floor pans 008.jpg
    floor pans 008.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 179
OP
OP
DEEPWOODS

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Seat pics

Attachments

• floor pans 005.jpg
    floor pans 005.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 131
  • floor pans 004.jpg
    floor pans 004.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 162

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Keith,
Elbow grease is the only way I know wiht out blasting or dipping. Make sure that you degrease/dewax any areas that has the under coating on it. Infact you may want to do it several times. I had a hard time getting the liner to stay on a couple places that had been undercoated.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good luck w/the build, look forward to seeing your progress, and Pics..

OP
OP
DEEPWOODS

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have not got much done lately the wife always has something for me to do if I want to work on the bronco! I got the back seat mounts fabed up to use the original back mount holes. Big Muddy, Ben helped me with the seats part # and and some pics. of his mounts Thanks

Attachments

• parts, seats 002.jpg
    parts, seats 002.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 127
  • parts, seats.jpg
    parts, seats.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
DEEPWOODS

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got a optima battery box from Liam, LoCoFoMoCo on this site and welded up one of the holes in the bottom. I welded tabs on the bottom drilled holes to match the existing mount holes in the bronco then countersunk it for SS screws so the heads would not rub a hole in the bottom of the battery- more pics

Attachments

• parts, seats 010.jpg
    parts, seats 010.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 141
  • parts, seats 011.jpg
    parts, seats 011.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 155

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
making good progress. It just takes a little bit at a time. We are here for support

OP
OP
DEEPWOODS

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am fabing up a console like broncoitis did for trans. control and switches. I don't have a metal brake so I will have to cut and weld up metal I am going to use door frame scrap as I have more of it than I know what to do with being in the door business here is pic. I will post some more as i get it fabed up

Attachments

• parts, seats 005.jpg
    parts, seats 005.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 220

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
Looking good Keith... Might be the pic, but I'm wondering about the lower switch to shifter clearence.

OP
OP
DEEPWOODS

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Greg the twin sticks are closer to the back of the cutout I think it will clear ok I will check

OP
OP
DEEPWOODS

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Still going backwards-taking parts off To fix rust. I removed the front clip yesterday It seams like I will never get the rust and body work,cleaning for paint prep done and I don't have much rust. I don't know how you guys with real rust do it mine is about rust free. The door jambs are rust free More pics

Attachments

• parts 001.jpg
    parts 001.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 113
  • parts 002.jpg
    parts 002.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
DEEPWOODS

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My Wife flipped out on me today. Her mother past just before Xmas and most of her belonging are in the basement she went down to the basement to look for something and saw the Bronco In its stripped down shape and all Hell broke loose. She said it is a junk heap piece of **it and I will never be able to put it back together LOL or cry man she hates my Bronco

Attachments

• bronco build 007.jpg
    bronco build 007.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 102
  • bronco build 008.jpg
    bronco build 008.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 112