• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

vaule of 9 inch readend

daves bronco

Loc.
Bonney lake WA
so Im am going with dana 60 axles, I have the nine out and ran into a guy looking for one. What price should I offer this thing for. It is a 28 spline with center section no locker or any thing special. thanks dave

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Probably only a couple hundred bucks tops..

I picked up a Dana 44, 3.50 gears for $75 once...

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
To another Bronco guy, it's probably not worth a whole lot ($100 - $200 tops). To a guy building a hot rod or rat rod, they are valuable due to the narrow width. Through craigslist, I sold a completely stock small bearing rear end to a guy building a rat rod in southern CA. He paid $400 for it.

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
If it is a large bearing axle it will prob sell quicker/better to the EB crowd for those who want to swap out their small bearing.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just like what is written above; a lot more to guys outside the Bronco community; $300-$400

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
If its a bronco guy id let it go for 100 bucks maybe 200 bucks if all the bearings, seals, and brakes were new. I got a big bearing rear and a 44 front for 200 bucks for the pair. After tearing the front down i think i might not have gotten a good deal!%) When i swap them into my truck id probably let mine old ones go cheep (200 bucks for a 9 inch and a dana 30) but mine are all completly rebuilt and painted and brand new basically. I hate when a fellow bronco brother tries to get top dollar for his old rusty junk parts.

Ranchtruck

Paid $500 for a big bearing 4.11 with a 28 spline detroit locker in it and new brakes.

The spring seats were bent from running with loose U-bolts and the pinion seal was shot because of grooves worn in the yoke, so it has issues.

I couldn't get anyone to part with a big bearing axle around me, so that drove up the price I was willing to pay.