• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2012 Arizona Classic Bronocs Stampede Photo/Video Thread

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
2012 Arizona Classic Bronocs Stampede is officially in the history books boys and girls!!! This had to be a record attendance year! So many Broncos, so many people. I was surprised how early the festivities started. I got there Thursday afternoon and there many camps already set up.

We did runs Thursday night, Friday, Saturday and then finish off with a snow run on Sunday. 80 degree temps for Friday and Saturday and then a bone chilling rain/sleet/snow for Sunday.

I am still downloading and post processing over 1200 photos and miscellaneous videos. I would love to see everyone's photos and videos from trip.

As with all big events you get around to meeting as many people as possible. There were so many runs and trails to choose from. We did Nacho Thursday night, Terminators Friday, Black Canyon Trail with the family on Saturday, and Crown King on Sunday. The Bronco did very well to last all four days of hammering down. All the prep work really paid off and I want to thank my family for putting up with all the garage time and Steve, Vince, Tim, Shelby and Jenna for all their help with parts, wrenching, welding, crimping, whining, etc.....

The raffle was huge and fighting the weather coming in fast. Thank you to all the vendors that donated, thank you to Arizona Classic Broncos Club and thank you to Randy with Driven Auto Parts! You guys put on a great event!!! The BBQ was delicious too.

Attachments

• IMG_4211.jpg
    IMG_4211.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

BroncoBrandon

I saw a whole bunch of you driving out past my place this weekend. I really wish I could have made it out. This was one of the best weekends to get out and play. Even with the rain and snow on sunday.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
We went down Wednesday and wheeled 3 days. My kids and I had a blast, the Mall Crawler made it through Lower Terminator with only very minor (for Terminator) trail damage. Jim Cole, Taad, Mitch, and Gary all did a great job getting me out without loosing my drivers door OR rolling over in the Z turn. THANKS guys!

The trip home ended up taking 2 days and we returned without a Bronco:cry:. On Sunday the both I-17 and I-40 were closed all day due to a monster snow storm. We waited most of the day to get on the freeway, and gave up. I dropped the Bronco off at my folks house in Prescott and came home Monday.

The kids even managed to find an elusive Arizona Gecko on Saturday's trail ride.

AND I won a winch at the raffle!

Attachments

• 100_0244.jpg
    100_0244.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_0243.jpg
    100_0243.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_0242.jpg
    100_0242.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_0238.jpg
    100_0238.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_0234.jpg
    100_0234.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_0233.jpg
    100_0233.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_0232.jpg
    100_0232.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_0247.jpg
    100_0247.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_0245.jpg
    100_0245.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 108

Hoochdog

Another great Stampede!

U-joint damage 2 days in a row, Predator and Lower Terminator. Time to fix the axle wrap.

Rocky and Matt kept me on the trails without body damage, and helped with repairs.

I won a set of KC Lites and a Mr Heater with propane tank, pretty sweet.

Broncnaz gave me his extra dinner ticket, since my buddy left with my dinner tickets and winch raffle ticket, ugh.

I would also like to thank Arizona Classic Broncos Club and Driven Auto.

Brent

Attachments

• Rocky Predator.jpg
    Rocky Predator.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Nightmare Predator.jpg
    Nightmare Predator.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 111
  • Matt Predator.jpg
    Matt Predator.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Lower Terminator Damage.jpg
    Lower Terminator Damage.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Brent Predator.jpg
    Brent Predator.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Stampede 2012.jpg
    Stampede 2012.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Scott Predator.jpg
    Scott Predator.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 100

Mr Rags

Contributor
It was another great Stampede. The numbers are not all in yet, but may have been the biggest ever. It sure seemed like there were more broncos.

Casey, you still nuts for taking your bronco through the z-turn.

Greg, I was really hoping to spend more time hanging with you, but that is a busy place.

On Saturday I took a group up Predator. I thought it would be an early day. I was wrong. We had a FSB with us. He got a shock mount hung on a rock and somehow broke the front output yolk on the T-case in two. I was strapping him out in 2wd till we got to the last obsticle. Somehow he hit the gas and the brake at the same time and "BAM" there went the rear axle. Did I mention, it was an 8.8? So we fought for about three more hours to get it out with all four tires on it while the owner went for the trailer. We got him back before dinner though. Success!!

Somehow I made it all weekend without taking one picture! Big time Bummer.

Last edited:

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Another great Stampede. I feel kinda lucky I had a blowout on I-10 on the way up luckily no cars around me as I veered across 3 lanes. Got into PHX and 4wh parts without further issue but did have to buy set of tires unfortunetly not in the size I really wanted. So it was kind of a expensive trip up. But I thank dgold_881 (Darin) for all his help. Also want to thank all the venders. I won a $50 JBG gift certificate, a set of door weather striping and a set of driving lights. Almost figured it would be my dumb luck to win a set of tires since I had just purchased new ones but that didnt happen. guess it was a good thing as the bronco was packed up. Also want to thank Bituman for the great deal on the parts and 70 steve for the manifold it was good to see your bronco up and running again.
Didnt get a lot of pic still havent pulled the camera out of the bronco to download them but heres sunday pic during a snow storm.

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 83

Mr Rags

Contributor
Gotta say........ Pretty wicked Greg!

Last edited:

sixtyniner

This was my first stampede. I had a great time and cant wait till next year. I wish I didnt miss the Sunday run. I must have asked the wrong people but I thought everyone was buggin out sunday morning with no runs... So I left after the raffel. :( Looks like you guys had a blast. Thanks for posting the pics and video.

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
That is pretty awesome. Hope to wheel with you again soon Greg.

If you guys think about it please sign your post with at least your 1st name so I know who you are!!!!

Figured I would do this slowly because I had so many pictures!! We'll start with DAY 1 of the AZCB Stampede 2012

We had one last preliminary meeting for lunch prior to rolling up. Wouldn't you know CHICKS dig Broncos!!

IMG_1024.jpg

After lunch and a few agonizing hours at work I got all packed up and headed to the stampede Thursday afternoon (so Day 1 for me).

IMG_4045.jpg

When I rolled in I was surprised with all the camps already set up. Met up with Vince and Steve to start unpacking.....

IMG_4048.jpg

Longtime friend Paul Brian showed up to play tour guide for the night run

IMG_4049.jpg

The start of Camp Moto

IMG_4051.jpg

Everyone admiring Vince's clean engine compartment....

IMG_4053.jpg

Got a chance to go over and say "hey" to Jim Creel

IMG_4058.jpg

Once it got dark went over to the ramp to get the ramp'n started

IMG_4059.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

We started asking around camp to see who would be interested in a night run.... PB had a trail named "Nacho" that he wanted to take us on. Mykl and Aurelio were in, Brad from IL was in, I was in and we got Taad's interest peaked......once he worked out some electrical issues...

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
The entrance to the trail looked interesting. PB promised it was a 10 minute trail because everyone didn't want to be out all night....

IMG_4072.jpg

It was a twisty one!!

IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg

We all staged for a bit and talked about Nacho..then Brad went down and back impressing us all with his airbag equipped Bronco

BRAD ON NACHO VIDEO CLICKY!

IMG_4163.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Now that everyone was full of adrenaline we didn't want to stop.... PB took us over to this waterfall to have a peak! At first being late and tired and the drop off on this thing I didn't want to do it... but then PB in his long wheel base made it look easy so we all descended on it!

IMG_4169.jpg

I pulled over to let PB by......

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

The lip was a shear drop

IMG_4174.jpg

Down and done!!!

PB VIDEO OF WATERFALL CLICKY!!

IMG_4177.jpg

I was up next... and for a short wheelbase you really had to get twisted up in the wrong way to get to the edge...freaky feeling in the dark

IMG_4184.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

Hitting bottom

IMG_4188.jpg

Happy to be here! ;D

IMG_4189.jpg

Brad was up next

IMG_4192.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

BRAD ON WATERFALL VIDEO CLICKY!!

Taad running the high line

IMG_4196.jpg

TADD ON WATERFALL VIDEO CLICKY!!

Mike and Aurelio were up next....

IMG_4201.jpg

MYKL ON WATERFALL VIDEO CLICKY!!

As midnight came we celebrated Shelby's (my son) birthday under the stars in the desert with a little Stevie Ray Vaughn playing.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
We headed back to camp and decided to get all four of us on the ramp...... the night continued with music, broncos, new friends and sharing of stories around our trucks!

15 sec exposure with rock lights on.....

IMG_4204.jpg

with flash

IMG_4205.jpg

Even Tim got up there with PB with his 2WD Tacoma

IMG_4209.jpg

Next we did 15 sec exposures but splash the vehicles with a flashlight

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

We all wrapped up, said our good nights and headed to our respective camps for some shuteye before Friday's festivities in about 4-5 hours! :p

Day 2 coming soon!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Fantastic photos and videos, as always, Greg. You are the king of run/event documentation!

Where was Vince on Friday and Saturday? I totally missed him this year.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Fantastic photos and videos, as always, Greg. You are the king of run/event documentation!

Where was Vince on Friday and Saturday? I totally missed him this year.

Todd Z.

Thank you Todd! Vince unfortunately had to work all weekend. :cry: He did make an appearance Thursday afternoon.

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
that waterfall sure look like the one on Calvert Canyon trail. Great pictures Greg
Bill aka yjzonie

I honestly had no idea where we were.... I was just along for the ride! ;D

Ok on to Day 2 @ the stampede!

Steve and Jackie came back up Friday morning... PB and his mom came over. Tim had stayed the night and was going out with Shelby and me. We started walking around trying to find out what everyone wanted to do. Since Steve got there all he wanted to do was the Terminators! One of my favorite trails. So I was in..... As we lined up the crew from the night before was in! Brad, Aurelio, Mykl, PB, Babbs, Steve, Jackie, Shelby, Tim and the "motoman"! ;D

IMG_4225.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

We rolled out of Rock Springs and headed down I-17 about a mile to a new entrance into the Table Mesa area. Nice little shortcut to the river!

IMG_4237.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

Here's the last picture of Aurelio.... he broke the raised radius arm bracket off the frame. We left his truck till the day was over and went back with a trailer to get it. He hopped in with Mykl for the rest of the day.

IMG_4241.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

Mykl

IMG_4266.jpg

Hummer tour

IMG_4268.jpg

Got a little white stuff (suntan lotion) on my mustache!

IMG_4279.jpg

Steve thought that was quite funny!!! :)

IMG_4280.jpg

We finally made our way down to Lower Terminator

IMG_4290.jpg

We found another group there looking for a spare fuel pump for a Ranger. They found one and followed us up the trail

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

Steve finally getting to break in his new suspension! Looking great!

IMG_4307.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
PB, Brad and Mykl were first through Whiteline.... I missed the first two but got a first row seat to Mykl going through! It got scary!

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4340.jpg

I didn't want to see him roll so we gave some human assist

IMG_4347.jpg

Jackie enjoying the view!

IMG_4343.jpg

Steve working his way up to Whiteline

IMG_4330.jpg

I think he's having a good time!! ;D

IMG_4331.jpg

Shelby and I working our way up to Whiteline

IMG_4327.jpg

I opted for the bypass ( I HATE WHITELINE)

IMG_4356.jpg

Steve followed me up through the bypass....with some minor body damage

IMG_4363.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

I gave Shelby some seat time

IMG_4394.jpg

Looks like a natural in there....

IMG_4395.jpg

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Next up was the Z-turn... PB was first up!

IMG_4399.jpg

Brad decided to get on the optional.....

IMG_4400.jpg

Brad has an air bag set up on his rig that is really sick!!!:eek:

IMG_4401.jpg

No problem!!

IMG_4403.jpg

Mykl getting situated to do the crack

IMG_4404.jpg

He sure makes it look exciting!!!

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg

IMG_4413.jpg

and with a little help from your friends he's over!

IMG_4415.jpg

Next up Shelby and I breezed through the Z-turn

IMG_4419.jpg

IMG_4427.jpg

Love the exit

IMG_4429.jpg

Steve was up next and Jackie wanted some spotting experience

IMG_4436.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg

Steve's suspension looking good!

IMG_4447.jpg

One of the guys in the Toyota group doing an optional

IMG_4450.jpg

Not sure what this obstacle is called but PB twisting it up

IMG_4453.jpg

He's recently done a straight obstacle swap!!! AWESOME!

IMG_4456.jpg

Moto trying to same line

IMG_4464.jpg

Steve trying an optional line

IMG_4468.jpg

Got stuck between a rock and a hard place!

IMG_4470.jpg

Took a tug from Brad

IMG_4473.jpg

Mike again making it look interesting!! :eek:

IMG_4478.jpg