• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hardtop Off, now to install a new Soft Top!

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
:cool:From my other thread I got the Rampage Spice soft top from bronco graveyard. I've imposed on my neighbors enough to help remove the hard top, so I thought I'd rig up something to hoist from the garage like a seen in other threads on here. Man i love this site. I'll post up some more pictures later today

Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 973
  • IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 967
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 956
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 1,480

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Nice rig!
Love the hubcaps!

attachment.php

Is that a fishing rod holder on the quarter?

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Is that a fishing rod holder on the quarter?
Thanks!

Yeah, original owner had it on there and I thought it was kind of neat. The story I heard is he used to back up on the pier and sit on the tailgate.

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Here's some pics with the top...almost done just some fitting etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 527

BRONCO26

Loc.
SENOIA
Good looking lubr. Is that a bronco bob cage? If so I just got finished with one. Really nice rig.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Nice lookin Luber you have there! How do you like how the Rampage top works and fits???

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Looks great g8r... I hope you didn't drill those large holes in the B pillars like the instructions tell you to do.

Krayzie

Loc.
Silver City
Im in the same situation, love the idea of the pulley system u did for the hard top, now i have a idea on what to do with mine thankz and by the way it looks badass!!!!! Lol

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Good looking lubr. Is that a bronco bob cage? If so I just got finished with one. Really nice rig.

Thanks gang!

Yes, it's a Bronco Bob cage. I'm really happy with it. I paid an extra hundred dollars to have it pre-trimmed and marked for welding (well worth it in my opinion).

Unfortunately I did drill the monster hole in the B pillar where the kit said and it doesn't fit right around the door frame (rubs at the bottom) :mad: Now I guess I'll have to figure out the modification to adjust. Love the top so far and seems to be very good quality. Much nicer than my old STC top with roll up side and back windows. Next on the list is some 3 point belts to attach to the bungs I had welded in and then I'm close to ready for Super Celebration:cool:

I'll let you know how the final adjustments go on the top but other than the B pillar I'm very happy with how easy it was to install.

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
You selling your hardtop?

Nice bronco!

Sorry, hanging onto it for now, but Ive heard once you take it off your intention is to use it in the future but few do based on the hassle. Its in really great shape as it was refurbished during the frame off (older restoration) from the mid to late 90s. So realistically I'll be keeping it in the garage for the time being.

Thanks for the complement.

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
Sorry, hanging onto it for now, but Ive heard once you take it off your intention is to use it in the future but few do based on the hassle. Its in really great shape as it was refurbished during the frame off (older restoration) from the mid to late 90s. So realistically I'll be keeping it in the garage for the time being.

Thanks for the complement.

Keep me in mind if you change your mind, I'm right down the road...;D

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
So,
Thought I'd share a learning for those buying the Rampage top for the B pillar drilling.

1. Don't drill it, especially following their measurements as its not the right spot (ask me how I know) :mad: Instead, follow this mod here. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162466&page=2

2. If you really want to drill it don't attach the top carriage bolt and hold the window vertical frame up to the door frame where you want it and mark the B pillar. It lines up much better than their measurements in the instructions. This is what I did since I already had a hole there now so whats a bit bigger hole right?? :mad::cry: