• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Graveyard in Louisiana (Saturday Cruise is a GO)

Tasty Geezer

I am packing up and about to move to Pensacola, Florida and came across these pictures that I took about 5 years ago. This field is behind a guys house in Louisiana that has about 30-40 broncos. I remember it being a sad site...I asked if he would sell any of them and he said no and that he was only selling parts. I bought an ashtray from him for $5....

I found his place on google maps and it appears to show broncos in the field. Not the best resolution. I think I am going to make a trip back there and see if he still has them...hate to see so many broncos rust away:cry:

Attachments

• Bronco Graveyard 1.jpg
    Bronco Graveyard 1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 352
  • Bronco Graveyard 2.jpg
    Bronco Graveyard 2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 358
  • Bronco Graveyard 3.jpg
    Bronco Graveyard 3.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Bronco Graveyard 4.jpg
    Bronco Graveyard 4.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Hey you move more than guys in the military. What are you running from???

Seriously I though your next moove was back up this way? And go see that guy andpost his phone number and contact. Looks like a good parts source.

OP
OP
Tasty Geezer

Tasty Geezer

Sounds like we should make a little Bronco cruise his way! It is about 20 minutes from Baton Rouge off of US90...He had a really nice restored red one that he said had parts from about 15 different broncos. When I was there 5 years ago a nice uncut green one was getting towed into the field. He said people were constantly donating old Broncos to him and that he got most of them for free.........

OP
OP
Tasty Geezer

Tasty Geezer

Phred....this is my 3rd move in 2 years...it is starting to get hard with two little ones. We will be in Pensacola for at least 2-3 years and then will probably move back into our house in Atlanta. We were there last weekend and realized how much we miss it there!

techlaf

Contributor
I used to have his phone #, but can't find it. I never made it out there, but he was very nice on the phone when I spoke to him.

bsquared

Contributor
Saw you had it on Google Maps. I'm through Baton Rouge a lot and would like to check it out. Any way to post a better descrip, like address off Hwy 90? I'll stop by and have a beer or three as a salute to that much Bronco energy.

And then scour the place like mad for things I don't really need. What fun....a graveyard with nothing BUT Broncos! Jeez.....I'd get stupid.

Good story....would like that address Thanks, B2

OP
OP
Tasty Geezer

Tasty Geezer

I think i am going to make a ride with a couple local bronco guys this weekend...I'm not completely sure if the google maps pic is his place or not, but once I am actually making the drive I will remember where the turn off is (sure looked right from the aerial view though). The first time I made the drive and started seeing the field of Broncos I almost Sh#@ on myself...unbelievable that every single one of them was a bronco!...I want to talk to this guy before I release any information...common courtesy...I would love for every bronco to find a new life on the road/trails/garage like everyone else here...anyone interested in joining for a Bronco cruise this Saturday?

OP
OP
Tasty Geezer

Tasty Geezer

I used to have his phone #, but can't find it. I never made it out there, but he was very nice on the phone when I spoke to him.

you are just a pond skip away...you should make the trip...unreal experience walking through the "graveyard"...

OP
OP
Tasty Geezer

Tasty Geezer

This guy seriously needs to start selling them off! Hoarding a bunch of Bronco just isn't right!

I'm with you on that! It would be nice if he would donate them to people that really want to get these back where they belong...on the roads and trails!

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
see if one of them is a U1xGLK1xxxx = Sep 1970 !!

thanks

Gator809

Loc.
A small town
The Guy's name is Danny Aucoin, and lives in Erwinville LA.

He's a good guy to deal with, fair an honest about what he sells.

For all the ones worried about the good ones, 99% of the ones he has are 50 yard trucks, look good from 50 yards, but up close, they have rust holes in them you can stick your head thru.

Hank

OP
OP
Tasty Geezer

Tasty Geezer

The Guy's name is Danny Aucoin, and lives in Erwinville LA.

He's a good guy to deal with, fair an honest about what he sells.

For all the ones worried about the good ones, 99% of the ones he has are 50 yard trucks, look good from 50 yards, but up close, they have rust holes in them you can stick your head thru.

Hank

When is the last time you have been to his place? Thinking back it has actually been closer to 8 years ago when I was there. Just curious if he still has them.

I will try and take a ride out there tomorrow and see if I can get his contact info for everyone interested...