• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Hut Speaker Pod Wiring

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought a set of the door panel speaker pods from the Bronco Hut (thanks Melissa!). I have the pods and speakers set up, but I am wondering how/where to run the wiring through the front of the doors, as well as where to come through (I assume) the kick panel.

I also bought a couple wire looms to pass the wires through the gaps in the door from Summit.

Is this straight forward or am I overthinking this? I just want to ask and see what others have done because I hate doing it halfassed or having to do it over.

Attachments

• door speaker pods.jpg
    door speaker pods.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 254
  • wire loom.jpg
    wire loom.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 203
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am looking for more input on this ordeal. I really want to poke the wiring through but don't want to cobble it up on the first attempt. Or should a person bite the bullet and just installed the Painless wireless contacts that are $31 apiece? %)

Does anyone have pics or point me to a thread that would show me what others have done running the wire from the door to the dash? I would really appreciate some visual aids! Thank you!

Attachments

• 40022.jpg
    40022.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 64

eric0o1

You can get them a lot cheaper through any of our distributors?

Tasty Geezer

if you are going to add those in the door jamb, mind as well get the ones that have more contacts. That way you have the ability to add under dash lights that come on when the door opens as well...

One disadvantage to the contacts is that you can't play your music with the doors open. (camping, beach, etc.)

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They look pretty easy to install. I am not worried about the door side as much as the hinge side. That piece is double thick and without knowing what one looks like in my hand it's hard to judge where to drill through at. They sell a single that is one hole.

With the multiple contact ones you install the one contact in the door, then put a dab of grease on the top and bottom brass contact to mark the other side then shut the door to mark. Then you prick punch the two marks and drill two 1/2" holes. Then you just grind the excess material away thats in between the two 1/2" holes. They look to lay pretty flat inside the doors. Looks pretty simple.%)

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Look at RyanITV/BAB's build. He used these I believe. There are pics.. I am too lazy tonight to go get the link.. :)

hammer

Bronco Guru
I did mine today. I took my door straps and a black nylon tie down strap to my local shoe repairman and had him sew a channel into the back side of the door strap and then ran my speaker wire through that.

rps20130305_222937_zpsfc7530ca.jpg

vintage bronco

I did mine today. I took my door straps and a black nylon tie down strap to my local shoe repairman and had him sew a channel into the back side of the door strap and then ran my speaker wire through that.

rps20130305_222937_zpsfc7530ca.jpg

Now that's what I call thinking outside the box !