• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MI Full on Rock Crawler... 4 wheel steer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
To give you a small example of the extremes I went to when building this bronco let me tell you about the winch. It’s a Warn 8274 that cost me $1300, then I took it completely apart and spent another $750 on stainless steel custom gearing to change the pull ratio making it an 15,000 lb winch instead of 8500 lbs. Then I replaced the stock 2.5 hp winch motor with a 6hp winch motor which tripled the line speed, cost $400. I removed the stock solenoids and replaced them with a solid state solenoid that I could only find in Europe , cost $450. This solenoid is so powerful that it can take unlimited pulls, in excess of 450 amps and will not burn out or get hot like Warns stock solenoids. Then I had the drum diameter reduced to hold an additional 40’ of rope for a total of 150’, cost $150, and I replaced the stock cable with Amstel Blue winch rope for another $350. To drive the winch electrically I purchased a 220amp custom alternator which cost $700, and because of the power involved here, I had to spend another $350 just on the proper size and lengths of battery cables. The winch can be controlled via remote control from the drivers compartment, and there is also a connector for the manual winch control via cable under the left front fender in case you want to control the winch from outside the vehicle.

Every part and section of this bronco has been built like this. I have $20,000 in just the front and rear axles. Both axles are steering axles (POS Full Hydro front and rear) Far better in my opinion than PSC, as I have PSC on my 75, both have 300m axle shafts, 5:38 gears, ARB air lockers, Chromoly U joints, and so on. These are DynaTrac Pro Rock 60 High Pinion axles (Both).

14" Kings on all 4 corners, fox bump stops, corbeau XL Seats, Crow 5 Pt harnesses. Dr. Bronco Gauge panel. Atlas Transfer case. The tranny alone was 7k as it was built by art car, and is rated for 1000 HP... 302 Crate motor. Custom hutchinsons $1200 a wheel, 42" Irocks which are essentially new. Cage, fuel cell, 4 link front n rear, Fuel injected. Highend auxiliary radiators for steering, along with motor. Racing radiator. Bla bla blaaaaa. It is by FAR the most capable rig I have ever driven. It will turn on a DIME with the rear steer. Hate to sell it, I just have No where up here where I can really use it, and hate to see it sit. Oh, it also has anti sways on the back which are phenomenal. The bottom skid is T11 Steel which is pretty much as strong as it gets. Pretty sure its used in tank armor. No expense was spared with this build. It also has an edelbrock tuner in the glove box so you can mess with a bunch of settings.

40K will take it. There is over 80K invested in it.

Attachments

• DSC_0707.jpg
    DSC_0707.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 2,553
  • DSC_0709.jpg
    DSC_0709.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 2,439
  • DSCF0123.jpg
    DSCF0123.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 2,273
  • DSCF0124.jpg
    DSCF0124.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 2,786
  • DSCF0125.jpg
    DSCF0125.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 2,518
  • DSCF0126.jpg
    DSCF0126.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 2,202
Last edited:

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
Wow nice rig. I have a little more than half of what you are asking in my rig now. This would be a great deal for someone. Good luck with your sale.

OP
OP
Bronco69Sport

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
Thanks Mudstud. It is a screamin deal. I am literally sick to see it go, but as I said. I need to travel 1000 Miles one way to really do anything that would tax it like it was built for...

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
where is the LIKE button??

on a side note, if you hate to see it sit, send it here to NC. i'll be sure to put it to good use ;)

OP
OP
Bronco69Sport

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
Not gonna lie, it is one twisted rig with zero expense spared... I would love to put it to good use, but I live in an area where its snow most of the year... whoever buys it will not be disappointed. I know that much!!! Thanks for the like comment though ;)

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Dude - .... bring it to AVF next weekend, I want to drive it :D

GLWS!

dan76eb

Loc.
CA
Is this the bronco that was built up on Monster Garage? Seems very similar.

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It does look very similar, but hard to believe the seller wouldn't advertise as such. Bronco69sport says
To give you a small example of the extremes I went to when building this bronco ........
I'd say he built it.

dan76eb

Loc.
CA
It does look very similar, but hard to believe the seller wouldn't advertise as such. Bronco69sport says I'd say he built it.

I think he built the winch. Bronco was built and rebuilt by a couple different shops it seems I have just read on another board. It appears it is the old monster garage bronco.

OP
OP
Bronco69Sport

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
I bought it from a friend, that bought it from Jesse James... Then he went through the entire thing, and re-did it all. From the suspension up. Axles are the same, but went fully hydro front and rear (Jesse James did assist). I didn't realize it was the monster garage one when I bought it. But I did talk to him today, and got it all squared away. The motor is from the garage build, and the Hutchinsons, and lockouts/drive flanges. The gearing down to the shafts, and calipers are have all been switched. Other than that, It has pretty much all been tuned. Art Car tranny, different transfer case, etc... I have put multiple additions on as well. All I know is it is waaaaaaay more rig than I need where I am at. Sorry for the confusion, however, I am equally delighted to figure out its history.

OP
OP
Bronco69Sport

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
thanks, yeah its a wild ride, and whoever buys it will be very pleased! I am kicking around not even selling it, the more I drive it. Love hitting the rear stear on the road, and freaking people out coming down the road damn near sideways :eek:

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Hell yeah man - keep it!

... because I want to see it in action :D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good luck w/the decision... Think of all the fun you'll be having in that thing.. ;)

OP
OP
Bronco69Sport

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
Pretty sure I am going to. I dont need to sell it, just was planning a few other projects that can certainly wait! Plus I have it in the shop now for additional skid plates, and possible lexan type floors so I can see every possible rock. Whats nice is I can look behind the rear seat and place the rears wherever I want them, hit the rear steer, and it is amazing how it can walk over stuff I would get stuck on in my 75 (no rear steer)... Might keep it n sell the 75 instead. Stay tuned ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.