• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Awesome Rear Seat-New Pics 8/14

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
You guys may have stumbled on these before. But this is the first time I have seen them. Found what will be my rear seats in the Pull-a-Part yesterday. These are in a 1995 Mitsubishi Montero. They are the 3rd row seats. Here is what makes them so cool to me. Each seat is independent. They tilt back, they fold forward. You can fold them forward completely flat. You can fold them backwards completely flat like a bed. But here is the best part, they are fold and tumble, but they dont tumble forward. They tumble upwards to the side. The are mounted on a sliding hinge on the fenderwell, and they have a release strap in the back to unlatch them from the floor. Once folded up, they have an adjustable strap with a hook that hooks onto a hand pull. The attachment point for the strap can easily be put on the roll cage. With this fold and tumble up towards the side, you now have your entire rear floor area for gear, etc. Let me know what you guys think. Then go find ya some Monteros in the Parts yards.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_1631.JPG
    IMG_1631.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 970
  • IMG_1630.JPG
    IMG_1630.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,447
  • IMG_1629.JPG
    IMG_1629.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,346
Last edited:

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Have you had a chance to put them in the back of your bronco yet? If so how much headroom. The mount on the floor how high is it or is that just trash on the floor? Will they fit with a rollbar of family cage? They look like it may be a great find. Shouldn't have much wear either being the 3rd row.

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
My two low-slung beach chairs do the same things...only without any mounts, or seat belts, or....safety....or....crap, those are way better esp. if you have a family cage.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
The are mounted on a sliding hinge on the fenderwell, and they have a release strap in the back to unlatch them from the floor. ... The attachment point for the strap can easily be put on the roll cage.

Attaching to the body and the cage can and has led to some pretty bad injuries. These are nice seats but if you are going to mount the straps to the cage you should try to figure out how to mount all the attach points to the cage. Getting caught between the sheering effect of a cage separating from the body and being between something that is attached to both is not pretty.

After thinking about this some more and looking at the pictures. it looks like the seat actually is secured by the floor attachments, and that the portion on the wheel well is really just there for a pivot point, so if you bent up some plate and attached it to the cage and then bolted the mount to plate you could keep it independent of the body. My concern was that a piece of plate would not offer enough structure to keep you attached to the cage, but if the floor mounts where transferred to floor bars the actual structural part of the seats would be attached to the cage, so even if the plate broke, the seat would still be attached to the cage by the floor attach points.

Last edited:

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
wasn't it the old land rovers that had the sideways facing fold up seats? wouldn't mind finding some of those, IF i was gonna do rear seats.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
wasn't it the old land rovers that had the sideways facing fold up seats? wouldn't mind finding some of those, IF i was gonna do rear seats.

Yeah the series and some of the defender models have them, that being said they are pretty basic and not comfortable. The ones posted here look like much better seats.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
dont know about the old ones, the ones on the 2002 discovery where pretty comfortable.

Yeah I think they are different in the LR2/3/4, I don't know much about the Range Rover based LR's which the discovery is based on, they had upgraded equipment that was never brought down to the Series based trucks. I owned a Range Rover (but they don't have jump seats) for a brief period and got rid of that thing, that thing broke more than my Powerstroke 6.0. Absolutely hands down the worst vehical I ever owned was that Range Rover which is funny because I wish I had the Defender I owned back. It would rank up there as one of the best vehicles I have owned. Don't know much about the Discovery having never owned one, but from what I have seen between the models, I would assume they are upgraded, the ones in the defender look like they glued two boat floatation cushions to a lawn chair frame and feel the same way. They get the job done and they hold up to abuse, but a long trip will make you long for a lazy-boy.

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Got the seats out and over to the shop. Not only did I get the seats, but I also got the bars that they latch to on the floor, the seat belts for both these seats and the front seats ( so I have a matching set ), all of the mounting hardware and the color cooridinated covers. I removed the kinda simple head rest and replaced them with the head rest off the front seats, I like them much better. I mocked them up real quick in my 66. These are going to be really nice. And as you can see, they cleaned up like brand new. Here is the kicker. While walking the lot at the Pull a Part I saw a couple of guys throwing radiators over the fence. Obviously they were going to come back and get them later. I informed the staff and showed them the guys. The guys left before they could do anything. But the staff walked around the fence and found 6 radiators in the weeds. As a thanks to me, my seats, all the belts, hardware, everything, cost me $40. I am almost sure these are leather. Fronts seats were obviously leather and in bad shape. These look identical but look brand new. Not sure if the 3rd row is maybe simulated leather. Attached are the other pics I took. I think with some fabricating of the mounting brackets, these will be awesome.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_1640.JPG
    IMG_1640.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_1639.JPG
    IMG_1639.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_1638.JPG
    IMG_1638.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_1637.JPG
    IMG_1637.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_1641.JPG
    IMG_1641.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_1643.JPG
    IMG_1643.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_1644.JPG
    IMG_1644.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_1648.JPG
    IMG_1648.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_1647.JPG
    IMG_1647.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_1645.JPG
    IMG_1645.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 504
OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
And more pics

Attachments

• IMG_1649.JPG
    IMG_1649.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_1650.JPG
    IMG_1650.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_1665.JPG
    IMG_1665.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_1669.JPG
    IMG_1669.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 792
  • IMG_1668.JPG
    IMG_1668.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_1667.JPG
    IMG_1667.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_1666.JPG
    IMG_1666.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_1670.JPG
    IMG_1670.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 788
OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
If you also notice, there are holes in the back bottom of the seats. I you want to lay the seats down flat towards the rear, you can remove the head rest and they fit into those holes. So when I mount the seats, I will mount them so that they will lay down flat like a bed with the tail gate closed.

Scott

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Attaching to the body and the cage can and has led to some pretty bad injuries. These are nice seats but if you are going to mount the straps to the cage you should try to figure out how to mount all the attach points to the cage. Getting caught between the sheering effect of a cage separating from the body and being between something that is attached to both is not pretty.

After thinking about this some more and looking at the pictures. it looks like the seat actually is secured by the floor attachments, and that the portion on the wheel well is really just there for a pivot point, so if you bent up some plate and attached it to the cage and then bolted the mount to plate you could keep it independent of the body. My concern was that a piece of plate would not offer enough structure to keep you attached to the cage, but if the floor mounts where transferred to floor bars the actual structural part of the seats would be attached to the cage, so even if the plate broke, the seat would still be attached to the cage by the floor attach points.

When I was talking about the strap on the cage, I was talking about when you fold them up, the strap that holds them up can attach to the cage. LIke most others, I will attach my shoulder belts to the cage. The seats actually mount to the a plate on the fenderwell and latch to the floor. When the latch is released, the seat then can pivot on the plate hard mounted to the fender.

hammer

Bronco Guru
Nice score. I did something similar out of a '09/'10 dodge journey. As someone mentioned earlier, Honda Element rear seats are similar to what you are using but unfortunately they are to wide for use in a bronco. My wife drives an element, no worky.

Here's my Journey seats with 60/40 2010 ranger seats up front.

IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_2975.jpg

hammer

Bronco Guru
Tied the mismatched seats together with matching covers -- nice touch.

Funny part is that I didn't. That's stock ford front and stock dodge back. As they came out of the wrecker. I have $250 into the seats total.