• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ZF shifter

Wyo4x4er

I am working on my remote shifter right now but i leave for my deployment this weekend so it will be a bit before i get it done. I will post pics of what i got done so far.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Took a couple pieces of scrap and drilled holes in them and bent them to where I wanted the shifter and used some extra washers to fine tune the location. I was always going to redo this with something a little stronger but never did. It worked great for 10 year.

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 173
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Mvc-0012s.jpg
    Mvc-0012s.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Mvc-0013s.jpg
    Mvc-0013s.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 159

broncokak

Bronco Guru
None Nyles, I did cut out the too of the Tranny tunnel and raise it up some. That first pic shows the new cover.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We've been selling the 3550 Twin-Stick for the ZF for awhile now. No complaints so far, but as everybody knows, it might just be because none of them have come out of the box yet!
Sold another one just this Monday.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/TwinStickTransferCaseShifterNV3550

Thought the website would confirm that, but it hasn't been updated yet either!
Either that, or I'm remembering the wrong part. I'll double check and change the info if it turns out to be incorrect.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, and a little FYI for anyone who's trying to clock their transfer case up when they install a different trans, if you have a J-shift Dana 20, clocking it means that either you can't use a Twin-Stick setup, or you would have to seriously modify things to get it to function properly. To the point of probably making your own bracketry from scratch I would bet.

Paul

broncokak

Bronco Guru
The adapter was only $150.00 at the time I put my ZF in. It might be up to $300.00 now, maybe more. How much does a Atlas cost?

twisted77

Loc.
Evansville, Indiana
Atlas wow idk 2500??? The 205 bolts right up so I just went with that and offroad design offers lower gears for these who want it. And they can be twin sticked with cables.

I am although going to build a gear banger for my zf. If all goes well I will be selling them.

Bryce.

Sent from my EB parts finder phone.

Wyo4x4er

more shifter pics. The first is the entire assembly. Second is the base mount with the high misalignment heim joint, allows up to 64 degrees of movement. I dont think i need it but it allows a bit of adjustability in the shifting pattern. The third is the shift rod that will attach my new shifter to the lower stub.

Attachments

• GEDC0337.jpg
    GEDC0337.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 58
  • GEDC0336.jpg
    GEDC0336.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 56
  • GEDC0335.jpg
    GEDC0335.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 57

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
Atlas wow idk 2500??? The 205 bolts right up so I just went with that and offroad design offers lower gears for these who want it. And they can be twin sticked with cables.

I am although going to build a gear banger for my zf. If all goes well I will be selling them.

Bryce.

You had my hopes up. Their doubler is crazy expensive too.

The Lomax kit converts your NP205 from a 2:1 low range to 3:1! A complete replacement case is included with the kit as the deeper gears do not fit a factory case. The Lomax gears are available for GM/Dodge applications only, Lomax 3:1 gears are not available for Ford NP205's.

twisted77

Loc.
Evansville, Indiana
If there was room in the Eb bolting a 203 half to the 205 gives crazy low for the money but I think the rear shaft would be little more than a cardigan joint. Lol.

I'm out of all that low gear and crawling stuff though 20 years is enough for me. Time for mall crawling. And cruise in.

Bryce

twisted77

Loc.
Evansville, Indiana
I do like this as a extra mount if your going with the 205 on the zf.
uhaju6u8.jpg

twisted77

Loc.
Evansville, Indiana
more shifter pics. The first is the entire assembly. Second is the base mount with the high misalignment heim joint, allows up to 64 degrees of movement. I dont think i need it but it allows a bit of adjustability in the shifting pattern. The third is the shift rod that will attach my new shifter to the lower stub.

Wyo this is great work I have my design laid out and the heirs are here. I've got my aluminum for the shifter handle. Just have to come up with some designs I want it adjustable-- as in the lean foreword or back of the handle and custom ordered height for each order or at least adjustable height to a point. With different grips.

Wyo4x4er

Well the easiest way to get the customizable handle length is to set your shift linkage lowand either thread or weld on different up sections.

Also on a side note i finished my bumper sort of.......It is my retake on desert thrashers design using a winch mount plate from anything scout. I say sort of because the inside of my frame rails had 1/2 inch plate welded in by the previous owner ?aka rancher father in law? so the stick welds need to be ground down.

Attachments

• GEDC0339.jpg
    GEDC0339.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 35
  • GEDC0340.jpg
    GEDC0340.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 33
  • GEDC0341.jpg
    GEDC0341.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 32
  • GEDC0342.jpg
    GEDC0342.jpg