• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

71 build, formally i call her 66

vonbronco

Loc.
lake balboa ca
so i was small talking to a guy i met at work, and asked him what he drove, he said a early bronco, so i let him know i grew up driving broncos, i have had around 5 in the past..it has been about 20 years since i messed with one, i told him i always wanted a lowered one but they are way too expensive, he said he had a friend getting rid of one for 300 bux , i was all over that..turns out it was a frame, bellhousing, trans, tranfer case, 33 frt and a rear end oh yea and a dash with the matching glove box door/frame # a roller, oh yea here we go well first off run the numbers, 1969, 900 dollars back fees.....ouch ....... oh well now all i need is a body........... hmmmm do the old cl thing , and damm if there wasent a body on there for 500 ...............so, i go talk and the deal was made 500 delivered,, way cool.......... more to come the body did not have a wind shield, the one in the pic is another part of this build

Attachments

• bronco 007.jpg
    bronco 007.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 191
  • more bronco 001.jpg
    more bronco 001.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 190
  • more bronco 003.jpg
    more bronco 003.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 204
  • more bronco 005.jpg
    more bronco 005.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 184
  • bronco 006.jpg
    bronco 006.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 181
  • bronco 009.jpg
    bronco 009.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 180
  • bronco 008.jpg
    bronco 008.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vonbronco

Loc.
lake balboa ca
ok next thing in line was a windshield, so the guy i bought my frame from, knew some guy that had a windshield, so i go over Brian house and here was a hulk, 50 bux i take it off, ok....so its hotter than ever in the valley and i am trying to drill out all the welds and it is giving me a hard time, and brian says why dont you buy the hulk for 200 bux delivered,, nice... done deal......looks like some one was making a rock crawler cause the frame was all cut down where the front spring hook up, perfect for me cause im going mustang II, it has orange and blue piant underneath could it be???? hmmmm na never mind,,,here is a pic of the frame , and the new body on the other frame thats my 4wd one ha ha

Attachments

• more bronco 008.jpg
    more bronco 008.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 138
  • more bronco 007.jpg
    more bronco 007.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 132
  • more bronco 006.jpg
    more bronco 006.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 125
  • more bronco 004.jpg
    more bronco 004.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 121
OP
OP
V

vonbronco

Loc.
lake balboa ca
ok well the first thing to do is run the numbers on the new frame....go to aaa the lady puts the numbers into the old computer and what comes back is a face of confusion, then hmmm you have to go to the dmv....i plea with her and she says there is something going on that requires the dmv...i thank her and then go to the dmv.....
(wait about 1/2 hr not bad got lucky kind of) they call my number ......i give the numbers to the lady and guess what? there is almost that same face as the aaa girl. now i am starting to worry..........then she says i have to get my supervisor..wtf, so im getting ready to run, when this guy comes back and says i know exactly what is going on here.....ok? so he says that it has dual registration, off road green sticker that has back fees, the other, street, on a non op.....76 dollars to get a title.......holy cow i could not write the check fast enough....its regis as a 71..... more to come..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good luck w/your 66... Gotta start somewhere right.. :)

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Lots of interest, you'll get more views than posts until your on the final stretch. Keep posting up, believe me, we're watching! If you really want to, you can change the title of your thread.

If you need a hand, I'm in LA... Hit me up

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Will you finish this build???? Based on your pics, there are what appears to be many many projects in the yard......

Scott

OP
OP
V

vonbronco

Loc.
lake balboa ca
ok so the next step was getting the running gear, hmmm pinto 275.00 ...sold the motor and trans for 150.00, cut the rest of the car up tryed to sell parts on c/l no takers so scrap another 100.00 bux back,, so 75.00 rack an pinion steering, disc brakes, complete rear end, steering column, master cylinder...not bad

Attachments

• phone pics 230.jpg
    phone pics 230.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
V

vonbronco

Loc.
lake balboa ca
next i hit up the ford guy down the street .......lookin for a 6 banger....bingo he has 1 its a 170/6 with a c4 trans 300 bux complete........

OP
OP
V

vonbronco

Loc.
lake balboa ca
ok my friend did all the fab work,(moonlite kustom), thanks jerry!!! pinto suspension, mtr and trans mounted, steering/brakes done, complete wiring, c notch the rear frame, coil over, fill the dash, install a gas flap door remove side lites, replaced floor.....perty much , made it drive turn and stop.....sooooooooooooo now we paint

OP
OP
V

vonbronco

Loc.
lake balboa ca
so no pic of anything jerry did...........damn but here she is wauting for paint

Attachments

• bronco 035.jpg
    bronco 035.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 111
  • bronco 036.jpg
    bronco 036.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 104
  • bronco 037.jpg
    bronco 037.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 98
  • bronco 038.jpg
    bronco 038.jpg