• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

show me your l.e.d. light bars

hammer

Bronco Guru
I picked up a 20" light bar, just waiting for it to arrive via shipping. Anyone else rocking these? How'd you set 'em up?

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Don't have a bar, but which MFG did you go with? I'm in the process of installing a tiny set of Rigid single row LED's for driving lights. Can't wait to get them up an running...

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
I don't have any but am pondering on it. A lot of (Heep) guys are running them across the top of the windshield frame. This is probably the best location for visibility, but I think it leaves them kind of vulnerable. I'd like to see what you guys have come up with as well.

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
just got it in the mail today. can't wait to install.

usupa5er.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk 2

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Looks pretty decent. Eager to hear your first impressions. I just dropped 3 bills on a tiny ass set of Rigid LED's for driving lights... That sh!t is way overpriced...

dube

Bronco Guru
Loc.
big lake Mn
yes please let us know how you like them. i want to pull the trigger on some of them there lights from china. if you look at the $600-10000 they might be made in china as well.isnt everything.

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
It doesn't come with any sort of wiring harness, just the 3 meter lead with + and - connections. Should this just be as easy as an inline fuse and a switch? The light draws 6.2 amps.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
If you have aftermarket wiring and a spare switched accessory circuit you could run it direct without any issues. Otherwise I'd use a relay and run it off the battery with a switched power source for relay trigger...

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
I've got a centech harness with RJM efi harness. I'll look into that.

Hurseyc

Loc.
Waterloo, IL
Looks pretty decent. Eager to hear your first impressions. I just dropped 3 bills on a tiny ass set of Rigid LED's for driving lights... That sh!t is way overpriced...

Did you get the srmf2's or the D2's?

Where are you mounting yours?

I just got a set of srmf2's an am thinking about trying to put them flush in the stock bumper.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Did you get the srmf2's or the D2's?

Where are you mounting yours?

I just got a set of srmf2's an am thinking about trying to put them flush in the stock bumper.

I got the SR-M2 Specter lens (the 3 LED units) non-flush mount design in "Wide" beam pattern. I'm going to fab a mounting bracket that positions them just below my front stock bumper - kind of peeking out underneath but well concealed. I'll run them like that until I get around to building my own winch bumper then I'll carry them over into that design. Probably french a pocket for them or something similar.

I'm also building a rear bumper and tire carrier. I have a 66 model which doesn't have reverse lights and I'm planning on using a new product from Rigid, their "A series LED accessory light", and wire one up as reverse lights. It's a tiny little 3 LED unit which would mount perfectly to the round tubing of my tire carrier and provide some light in the back without hanging a conventional lamp back there.

Georgelas

Loc.
Vienna
Rigid

I have the RI spot lights for my prerunner style bumper. Really like them. Very well built.

Also like the reverse light led concept. Guys at a local shop are advocating the flush LED mount setup with RI triple. Just like XC mentioned.

Gotta love LED.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Those look pretty nice! Interested to see where you mount them and what kinda light they put out. Good luck on the install!

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
Made some mounts on my bumper and got it all setup yesterday

rps20130114_212346.jpg

rps20130114_212405.jpg

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
Normal H4 Headlights;

rps20130114_212006.jpg

H4 Highbeams;

rps20130114_212023.jpg

20" Chinese LED bar;

rps20130114_212050.jpg

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Normal H4 Headlights;

rps20130114_212006.jpg

H4 Highbeams;

rps20130114_212023.jpg

20" Chinese LED bar;

rps20130114_212050.jpg

Holy Cow! Not bad at all. Are those in addition to the H4 headlamps or all by themselves! Either way pretty impressive.

Nice find for sure!

Last edited: