• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Uncut 68 and excited

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Hi all,
Thought I'd take a second to introduce myself (and the Bronco).

I love early Broncos, and all old fords for that matter plus the new ones!!! I have had four cut Broncos in the past, but have wanted an uncut for the last five or so years. Finally I came across one I could not pass up.

Here it is:
IMAG0918.jpg

IMAG0919.jpg

IMAG0914.jpg

V8, 3 speed, manual brakes/steering.
Very solid. The most solid I have ever had.

That's it for now, and I look forward to doing some browsing her.

Tyler

ILikeBond

Great color. What does the "____ Stomper" thing say on the tailgate? Can't quite make out the first word...

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Nice score. It seems like there are four recent threads with people picking up new uncut Broncos for themselves. I wish I could find a couple more to preserve.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sweet!!! Nice ride Tyler!!! Congrats.!!! And welcome aboard

OP
OP
Teal68

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Wow! Thanks for all the welcomes.

I love the steel wheels and hubcaps on this so they aren't going anywhere. It's going to stay stock looking on the exterior, but add auto and power steering/brakes. This one is going to be the wife's cruiser. Yea, I'm jealous!

I bought from the second owner and he had it since 73. It's not perfect, but it's in great shape. When I get a chance I'll post up more pics of how solid it is.

It says silent stomper on the back. The previous owners hunting buddies always went on how quiet it was and how nothing could stop it...hence the name.

Thanks again for all the welcomes,
Tyler

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Wow! Thanks for all the welcomes.

I love the steel wheels and hubcaps on this so they aren't going anywhere. It's going to stay stock looking on the exterior, but add auto and power steering/brakes. This one is going to be the wife's cruiser. Yea, I'm jealous!

I bought from the second owner and he had it since 73. It's not perfect, but it's in great shape. When I get a chance I'll post up more pics of how solid it is.

It says silent stomper on the back. The previous owners hunting buddies always went on how quiet it was and how nothing could stop it...hence the name.

Thanks again for all the welcomes,
Tyler

If you didn't already know, those hubcaps are '66 only. '68 should have the later '67-'77 caps with the red centers, but the '66 are really cool looking and rare in good condition. Also, 68's have "one year only" doors, so if you ever sell those they'll fetch a pretty penny. It doesn't sound like you planning to rip it apart (thank goodness, it's too nice), but i thought you should know. Congrats on what appears to be a really nice uncut. And welcome to the sickness;D

OP
OP
Teal68

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
If you didn't already know, those hubcaps are '66 only. '68 should have the later '67-'77 caps with the red centers, but the '66 are really cool looking and rare in good condition. Also, 68's have "one year only" doors, so if you ever sell those they'll fetch a pretty penny. It doesn't sound like you planning to rip it apart (thank goodness, it's too nice), but i thought you should know. Congrats on what appears to be a really nice uncut. And welcome to the sickness;D

Thanks for the added info. Yea, I like these hub caps because they are smoother looking to me and don't appear to stick out as far.

This won't ever get parted by me that's for sure.

kdaudt

Loc.
Zimmerman, MN
Great looking Bronco, what a great find! I love the look of the tires. What brand and size are they? What are you planning to do to the Bronco?? Also, did it come with those hubcaps? Very exciting, congratulations!

OP
OP
Teal68

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Thanks.

The tires are Buckshot mudders, N78-15lt, I think they are about 31"???? not sure though. Great looking tires, but bias-ply if it matters to you. I think they make the same pattern in a radial now.

It came with those hubcaps.

This project is long term, and I eventually plan to take the body off the frame to paint each. Then add power steering, power brakes, AC, sapre tire carrier, and possibly EFI. This one if for the wife and she wants all the amenities. The rest will stock appearing as far as exterior and interior. No lift, original wheels, and these hubcaps.

Between now and when the serious works begins I'd just like it running decent to drive occasionally.

You all have a great Easter,
Tyler